Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    hunting for a particular poem

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hunting for a particular poem
 Login/Join

posted
Many years back I was touched by a poem by Bradbury that discussed looking forward at one's life and concluded with (I think) "I remember you, I remember you". I would like to know the title and where I might find it published. Thank you, BobR

Posts: 2 | Location: US | Registered: 03 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, BobR. The poem is "Remembrance", and it was published in Bradbury's poetry collection When Elephants Last in the Dooryard Bloomed:

The poem is about looking forward AND looking back: the narrator climbs a tree and looks for something he hid there when he was young. It turns out to be a note that says, "I remember you."

The book is currently out of print, but there are copies available from Amazon and other onlin stores.

"Remembrance" MIGHT also be included in They Have Not Seen The Stars: The Collected Poetry of Ray Bradbury - I can't confirm this, as I don't own that particular book.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite poems--it is included in They Have Not Seen the Stars.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic and Ravenswake - Thank you for the help - I'm ordering the books. Bob

Posts: 2 | Location: US | Registered: 03 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post