Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Today's Blondie Cartoon Made Me Think of Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today's Blondie Cartoon Made Me Think of Ray
 Login/Join

posted
One of my favorite Ray Bradbury quotes is: "There are two perfumes to a book. If a book is new, it smells great. If a book is old, it smells even better. It smells like ancient Egypt. A book has got to smell."

Today's Blondie cartoon, which can be accessed by the link below, made me think of that quote:

https://comicskingdom.com/blondie/2023-04-25

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2447 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had been looking for some time for a scarce 1941 novel, CONVENIENT SEASON, by actor turned author David Manners (he appeared in the Universal horror classics DRACULA, THE MUMMY and THE BLACK CAT back in the 1930's before retiring from films). The book was never re-printed. I finally found an ex-library, re-bound copy on ABE for only a few dollars. Since I wanted to read the book and was not seeking a collectable copy, I was fine with the not-so-great condition. When the book arrived, I noted from the circulation card in the pocket (remember those?) that it had last been taken out by a library patron in August of 1957, and then had been withdrawn from circulation and sent to the library's basement for storage. The book was musty and dusty. In other words...it smelled wonderful! Smiler

Posts: 2447 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post