Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    In His Words
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In His Words
 Login/Join

posted
It has been a while since an update of Mr. Bradbury's own comments has been offered on the site. All regular and new visitors, be sure to check his most recent offering (8-29-02) "Happy Birthday to Me!"

He never ceases to amaze. With such a list of activities and projects (new books and movies, re-makes), he keeps us continually on the edge of our seats. How very fortunate for all of us!

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 09-03-2002).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp:
I must be missing something. How do you access the described designation: Happy Birthday To Me?

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-03-2002).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.raybradbury.com/
On main or home page, click on the "In His Words" frame at the bottom of your screen. Two other letters from Mr. Bradbury are archived there also. Hope this helps!

fpalumbo

posted Hide Post
Thanks for highlighting that. It's kind of embarrassing, but I enjoy the message boards so often I forget to go to the other areas of the web site. It was fun reading that letter. He does more in his 80's than I ever did in my prime!

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just found this wonderful article about a very recent video conference featuring Ray. What a joy to hear his words again. Most of what he says is not new, but, then again, he's always new and original to my ears:
http://www.uticaod.com/archive/2004/10/06/news/9368.html

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable!!! This was just 2 hours from me. I wish I had known beforehand. Without a doubt, I would have been in the front row. Shucks!

Yet, it gives thought for a possibility in one of the colleges nearby. Thanks, Green Shadow.

Is there some way we can get a schedule of Mr. B's events - in all mediums. The West Coast is not possible for most of us on this side of the Mts. We'd like some help in getting a heads up whenever and wherever possible.

fpalumbo

posted Hide Post
I received this site locale from the reporter who did the article GS posted. Click around on the site. Some very nice work on the author and the presentation.
If I had only known!
http://www.midyork.org/regionalread/

fpalumbo

posted Hide Post
Nice link. I loved the Hot and Spicy Peanut Brittle listed along with "flame hats," etc., for sale to promote the reading of the book. I wonder if the F-451 movie posters are original or reprints?

It would be great if the publishers of this board could list all RB opportunities, but so far we rely on each other, albeit belated news at times.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Green Shadow:

Magnificent!

But how do you find the first part of this article?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is, isn't he...magnificent, that is. Here's the first part of that interview:
http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~23168~2708278,00.html

posted Hide Post
Another NEW article:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/bayarealiving/ci_2583613

I love his two rules!

posted Hide Post
Anyone notice what Ray said he was re-writing in the above article? A fifty-year-old screenplay he wrote for Carol Reed. This must be "And the Rock Cried Out". I'm amazed that he has returned to this. Anyone know his intentions for this - i.e. publication? Selling for movies?

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed!

Regarding Ray's words in the article:

Bradbury is succinct: "He sounds like a stupid man. He just shoots off his mouth, and he should just go somewhere, sit down and shut up."

Does that remind you of anyone around here? I'm thinking of a relatively new poster.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post