Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Russian movie Dandelion Wine

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russian movie Dandelion Wine
 Login/Join

posted
Found the Russian movie. Are there any links with English subtitles?

Posts: 2 | Location: Connecticut  | Registered: 31 March 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you find it? I haven't seen the movie with or without titles, but found a script, and it looks as if they followed the book closely enough for a reader to follow.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/ABV9v4nJZbo

is the link for Dandelion Wine movie in Russian.
It is a series over 3 hours long. I have looked at a few sections.

Posts: 2 | Location: Connecticut  | Registered: 31 March 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I did not know this was online!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a copy of this on DVD from a friend in Russia. I told RB about it one day while I was over visiting and he said he wasn't aware of it! He had me make him a copy.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a copy from a friend in Russia but not sure it's in a format I can play. If yours is a regular DVD rather than Microsoft Windows or such, and if it is better quality than the YouTube copy, perhaps you could send me a copy.

posted Hide Post
It's just a homemade copy. Somewhere still unpacked from my recent move!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having seen Dumbo (2019) today, I can say that Tim Burton might be the one to direct a Dandelion Wine film, if ever there is to be a mainstream American version. His opening shots of children at play on the plains of Bradbury's midwest is spot-on. Not to mention the arrival of the trains bearing a circus.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
As long as it isn't overly creepy in the wrong way, and if Johnny Depp must appear, he should only be the Lonely One, none of the main characters.