Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    short stories

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

short stories
 Login/Join

posted
hi i'm trying to find the name of a couple short stories by ray bradbury, and i'm hoping you guys can help me.

the first stories by raybrad bury i read were in an old book that looked like it was from the 70's or so when i was in 7th grade. it was paperback, and i think it was called science fiction short stories. i believe it was red. i've also read a couple shorts from various textbooks while i was in school.

the first story im looking for was about a man in the future, walking the sidewalks at night. a cop robot car thing comes by and ends up taking him away because it doesnt believe that hes just out to enjoy the night... i can elaborate if needed.

i ended up finding this one - a sound of thunder.

this one i'm not sure if it was ray bradbury, but it's about the future again, and how the government made everybody "equal" by inventing these things to make people more cumbersome, (weights) and even less intelligent (headphones that emit loud noises)

there are a few more but these are two for now. thanks alot in advance.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first story is "The Pedestrian." The second story does not ring a bell...I doubt it is by Ray.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The second is "Harrison Bergeron," by Kurt Vonnegut. This is the story not by Ray most frequently attributed to him, which Ray found rather irksome when informed of it.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yesss thanks alot

Posts: 2 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post