Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Uncollected Volume 3
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uncollected Volume 3
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
I found an unauthorised copy of "Austen and Jausten: The Twins of Time" on the internet. Just google it.

"Austen and Jausten" vs. "Austen and Justin" - this must be the actual title. I took a look and lo-and-behold! the file appeared in my download folder.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

Just one of many RB stories in circulation without permission.

How do you feel about stories that are out of print and long out of circulation?

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djmonolith:
How do you feel about stories that are out of print and long out of circulation?

My feelings are mixed. If I find one that I don't have, I download it - while tutting and tsking hypocritically about the rogues who would upload such a thing.

But your post about "Austen and Justin" reinforces the point that such files are not to be trusted. Unlike in FAHRENHEIT 451, where texts are perfectly transmitted by conscientious memorisers, in real-life and the web texts are mangled, abused, falsified.

Of course the RIGHT thing would be: someone wants a particular Bradbury story back in circulation, so they lobby publishers to reprint them, or they approach Bradbury's agent for permission to re-publish themselves.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In The Life of Fiction, by Eller & Touponce, the title is given as "Austin and Justin".

My attitude to illegaly reproduced texts is exactly what Phil says. But copyright law is there to protect an author or his estate from intellectual theft. That's not what we do on this board. Everything we do around here promotes the author's work and literary reputation. Well, the established members, anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: douglasSP,

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post