Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray at MSAC!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray at MSAC!
 Login/Join

posted
I am SO EXCITED! October is finally here. Too bad October weather isn't, at least in southern California. I was re-reading my copy of October Country on the bus to school this morning when a friend asked what I was reading. I showed him the cover and he said he thought he had heard that Ray is coming to our school, Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, CA. I just looked it up on the school's website and, sure enough, he'll be giving a lecture and booksigning on October 24th. Booksigning at 6pm, lecture at 7pm. Admission to the lecture is $10, or $8 for MSAC students. You can find the following info here:
http:www.mtsac.edu/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.pl
I don't know how to make that into a link, but maybe one of you guys could enlighten me.
I hope to see a couple of you there!

[This message has been edited by groon (edited 10-01-2003).]

[This message has been edited by groon (edited 10-03-2003).]

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a Mt. Sac alumni, and somebody who lives just down the street, I will be there! Thanks for the tip......

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon:
Every stroke on the keyboard is like a number struck on the telephone... miss a stroke, wind up in India, or the Pizza parlor in Bangor Main. Or in this case, Nada-land!!

So....it's:
http://www.mysac.edu/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.pl

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-01-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Nard, for your wonderful internet prowess.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:
I just bought my ticket for the lecture. It turns out that there was an error on the MSAC web calendar of events.

The event will take place on Thursday October 23, NOT the 24th!

George Takei (Star Trek's Mr. Sulu) will also be present. Proceeds will be used to support the MSAC planetarium renovation project (the projector broke just a couple months ago after like 30 years or something).

It's actually quite ironic that the date will be the 23rd, since the last time (and first time) that I met Ray was on October 23rd, 1998. So it will be exactly five years to the day.

posted Hide Post
P.S. today, October 3rd, is cool and overcast. I finally got the October weather that I love so much!

posted Hide Post
I posted on this thread a couple days ago, but I guess it didn't register. They added a sci fi short story contest to this event. It was open to all MSAC students, so naturally I wrote a piece and submitted it. I guess I'll find out what happens on Thursday! The prize is an autographed book by Ray plus publication in MSAC's literary journal, MoSAiC.
P.S. If anyone is planning on attending this event, it would be great if we could meet up! Just let me know if you're coming & we'll figure something out.

posted Hide Post
My 11-year old daughter and I will be there. I even ordered myself a first edition of The Halloween Tree to have Ray sign. My daughter is quickly reading Something Wicked This Way Comes in anticipation of getting her book signed, too. Got to start the kids early on the love of Ray's books.

[This message has been edited by Chrisman43 (edited 10-23-2003).]

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post