Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit ~ the play
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit ~ the play
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Partly

______ Aha!______

John (jkt) wrote "partly" when what he really means is '''PARTY!''' ..... Clever.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
quote:
Partly

______ Aha!______

John (jkt) wrote "partly" when what he really means is '''PARTY!''' ..... Clever.

No, I meant partly.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The opening night gala was delightful. It was a SRO house. A long-time friend of Mr. B came. He was filming an episode of Cold Case and say the banner outside the theatre which prompted him to give a call to Mr. B. Monte Markham is the actor.

The audience laughed during the whole performance. Well staged. Well acted. Well directed. Well written. All in all, real treat.

The special treat for the reception was Bradberry ice cream. Forty plus years ago, at the first production of the play it was served by Baskin-Robbins. It was again served last night. Each cup read, "Bradberry Ice Cream ~ The Wonderful Ice Cream Suite ~ January 17, 2009" A nice souvineer for those in attendance.

Doug Spaulding was the man with the active camera this evening and I'm sure he'll be posting images very soon. Including photos of the suit from 1965. In the original production the part of Mr. Shumway was played by an actor for whom this was his first paying job, F. Murray Abraham. He signed that suit, which was brought to the theatre.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doug Spaulding was the man with the active camera this evening and I'm sure he'll be posting images very soon.

Spaulding is sleepy - tomorrow, eh?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photos.

A humourous story: Mr B ordered pancakes and merlot for supper, but when Craig's chocolate malt arrived, Mr B asked for a sip. He only took one sip - from the beginning to the end! A marathon sip.

A bit later, Craig ordered another malt. Again, Mr B asked for a "sip" from the tin. Once again, one long sip later the tin was empty.

Actually, Craig did get some of the malt - he poured up a small supply in a glass.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, this is my kind of malt...

Imagelaphroaig_large.jpg (46 Kb, 7 downloads)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Now, this is my kind of malt...

Not this kind?

Hey, you posted that at exactly 4.51 pm! Coincidence? I think not.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Let me guess, John! It's ice cream!

It sure was!

Before the play, over supper, Mr B was inspired with regards to the "treat" he wants offered after the next play Falling Upward - it's Guinness stout!

If you need anyone to help you pick it up, just let me know.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

If you need anyone to help you pick it up, just let me know.

Fun for all ages.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
this kind?

Ick.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Ick.

Ick is right!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
To heck with the spoon - gimme that ice cream!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Here is a nice review of the play from today's Los Angeles Times:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemonster/2009/01/review-the-wond.html

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Being brought back by popular demand: Ray Bradbury's Wonderful Ice Cream Suit.

If you missed it before you have to see it this time. It starts up in only three weeks with most of the "original" cast. September 26th-November 14th.

https://www.plays411.net/newsi...nfo.asp?show_id=2100

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
JKT,
Thanks for the link to Ray Bradbury's Wonderful Ice Cream Suit play. I plan to go. Will Ray be at his play on Friday 9/25 or Saturday 9/26?
Thanks

Posts: 4 | Location: Glendora,CA | Registered: 17 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post