Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I'm looking to find 2 of Bradbury Stories

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm looking to find 2 of Bradbury Stories
 Login/Join

posted
First Story is about:
A family that moves into a new neighborhood. There name is sucra (or something like that) and all they eat is surgary things. They go to a carnival or a fair with other neighbors. They race home to miss the rain, but right before they get home the rain starts and they melt... i need the name of this story if you can help.

@. is a story about a planet where it is always raining. However every so many years it stops raing for an hour and the children can go out and play. This earthling is a immagrent to this planet and dreams of playing out side. Her school mates know about her and how much this would mean to her, so they lock her in the closet....

please email me or post the responce here.... thank you so much for you time and for reading my post

Marisa

Posts: 17 | Location: Staten Island, NY USA | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marisa:
The second one.... about where it is always raining, is: "All Summer in a Day", by Ray Bradbury, and first published in March, 1954 in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction.
The first one sounds like...a Dr. Suess story, perhaps. If it is a Bradbury one, it's a new one, but sure doesn't 'sound' like something he would do....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story im talking difinitly is not a Dr Seuss Story... it has the ironic ending like bradbury would write. I could swear it was writen by him, I remeber reading from grammar school about 18 years ago. My mother also read it and it is her favorite story, but of course she can not remeber the namer and/or author.

The family only eats thing made with sugar, Soda, cotton candy, stuff like that. There name is a play on sugar too. The family goes on a picnic or a fair and they go with this normal people but they have to run home people storm clouds where coming and they melt on their door steps

Maybe we were dreaming it.

at the same time we read these stories we also read, All summer in a day, and other story, The velte, and this one. ughhhhh thanks

Posts: 17 | Location: Staten Island, NY USA | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone emailed me saying it was Getting through Sunday, Somehow, from "long after midnight" now does it ring any bells?

ive ordered it from amazon and it show be by wednesday!

posted Hide Post
Hmmmm.... I guess you have found out by now that it certainly isn't "Getting through Sunday, Somehow," which is one of the Irish stories. If you ever do find out the title and author of the sugar story, let us know! (I've never read it, myself--doesn't sound at all familiar...)

Posts: 85 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I get to this among all the catching up I have to do, I will add it, along with the others, to the updated "Stories not by Bradbury" list. One list where I am not sending these is "Stump the Bookseller" at Loganberry Books, which can be found at the www.logan.com/loganberry website. They charge $2.00 per stumper, so I submit mine to all the free lists first, but since Loganberry is now so popular you may actually have a better chance sending yours there.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Searching on stump the book seller is a nice site but HUGE!!! and very difficult... i typed into the search box "sugar people melt rain" and only got two results... however there was about 200 entries in both results i think i was web site for about tow hours.. and then i get feed up...

still stumped

posted Hide Post
Yes, the frustrating thing about the Loganberry site is there is no good system of organization by story elements or subjects. Often two or more people will post descriptions of the same story, and diehard stumper solvers basically have to read every description on there, and then remember them! I haven't read all the latest there, but the only thing I remember remotely like the sugar people story was about jelly babies who went to the seaside and got their legs stuck together. I'm pretty sure no story like yours has appeared there.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, i've read both of the stories you are talking about, and both last year in English 1. And i know the "sugar family" story you are talking about(so, you're not crazy!)... I will look in my notes for ya.

Posts: 3 | Location: Spartanburg, SC, USA | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please Hekp me!! i know im not making this story up, because someone else has read it.

Please ckeck your records and get back to me

I am gratefull for you help

posted Hide Post
i just found out the story im looking for is from ASIMOV!!!

can you believe it