Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    My New 4E Poster

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My New 4E Poster
 Login/Join

posted
Today at work my friend Clint said that he brought me a poster that he picked up free from a sale at a comic store here in town(Clint is our in-store expert on comics and a big fan and collector). He was anxious for me to see what he had brought me. When I went in the back to look on my stash shelf and unrolled the poster, I was flabbergasted! It was a poster for World Con '93 featuring non other than Forrest J. Ackerman on it amongst his beloved creations! And, it looks like Ray was there, at least his name is on too. I think this is why my friend got me one too because he knows that Ray is my fav. My friend, seeing how excited I was, said that he had one too and that his was signed by 4E, and he said I could have that one instead if I wanted but that he had already taped it to his wall. I said not to worry about it, that I was thrilled. As soon as I got home, I knew right where to hang it. Check it out. Doug Spaulding, if you know anything in particular about this event, let me know. I love stories, you know! I'm posting a few pictures for everyone to see it. I'm so proud of it!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Image4E_001.jpg (60 Kb, 19 downloads)

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the list of celebs.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Image4E_004.jpg (60 Kb, 12 downloads)

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Close up of 4E.

Image4E_005.jpg (59 Kb, 9 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thanks for posting!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your welcome Mr. Dark. I'm very jazzed that I got it. Looks very cool in my office. I'm waiting to get my disk back of the scan a girl from work is doing on The Illustrated Man front and back. I'm posterizing it for my room.

Mr. Dark, I wish you could make your presence more frequent on here, I know how it is with being busy and kids and all. Just wanted to say that you are very integral to this magic space. I always have enjoyed your well thought out and insightful posts.

posted Hide Post
Cool poster! I used to eagerly anticipate each new "Famous Monsters of Filmland" magazine when a youth. They have a great website which, at the moment, is being renovated.
By the way, I recognize many other famous creatures on that poster. My friend Robby is just below Forry's hands there!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks B-Two. I too love Robbie, I understand your affinity for him. A lot of great monsters for sure, Godzilla looks quite smug.

posted Hide Post
Stories to follow, rocket.

I wouldn't patronize the new FM - they did Forry wrong, mighty wrong. Story to follow.

Eventually.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dougster, I'd like to know that story. Still love the old mag, though. Haven't bought one in, oh, 35 years or so...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool Doug, lookin forward to it! Good to see your posts, haven't been seen as much lately, hope your doing well, I assume its been a busy lad for ye...

posted Hide Post
Aye rocket - busy.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....still waiting on your story Doug. I gots to know, I gots to know.

posted Hide Post
Keep reminding me - I'm awful busy right now and just haven't made the time to type too much. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll have more time.

Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
cool. hope it's going well for ya. Smiler