Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Just Spoke With Ray-Aug.25

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Spoke With Ray-Aug.25
 Login/Join

posted
I just got off of the phone with Ray and found that the new collection of stories is not really new, but is a re-issue of the book that was put out some thirty years ago as The Golden Apples of the Sun, but with the new butterfly poster as a cover and a new title.

As for Ray flying, he said that it is going to depend on where it is. However, he mentioned that he is planning on flying to Florida next spring for the Ray Bradbury Festival in Mount Dora that Terrance Shank is developing.

You can bet that I will be in attendance there as it is only a four hour drive north of here. Of course I am still hoping to get out sooner to visit my son and his family and, hopefully, stop and see Ray.

Ray sounds very good and he indicated that he is feeling very good and is excited to start a new round of signing sessions with his Bradbury Speaks publication.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane1,
thanks for solving the mystery of the Sound of Thunder movie tie-in. I don't have any problem with HarperCollins trying to cash in on the movie, but I worry that people who love the movie will buy the tie-in book only to find that the movie story is one tiny part of a short story collection. It might have been better to re-package Dinosaur Tales so that the ignorant moviegoer at least gets some dino bangs for their bucks.

It's good news that Ray may be able to attend the Mt Dora festival - this will give it greater legitimacy, and also make it more of a must-see event for people like me who have to travel a quarter of the globe to get to it! The best package deal I have so far managed to find for Florida in July 2006 is going to be about 800 British pounds (c.US$1200 !)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post