Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    joseph Mugnaini

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

joseph Mugnaini
 Login/Join

posted
I have 2 of josephs art work One is a scetch Franco Dreaming Pacasos Dream and the other one in an oil Barouqe and Red Mama.
Does anyone know were I can sell them? and or what their value is.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi apollo, and welcome.

This sounds like a question for JetJagger, an occasional poster here who is closely involved with the Mugnaini estate.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a couple of pieces of Joseph's art that was given by him to a student when he was teaching in Southern California. One is a large "West Of Laramie" piece from The Martian Chronicles" I was told it is a proof for the book illustrations. Any direction on price and value would be greatly appreciated. I am selling it for the student who studied under Mugnaini.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have emailed jetJagger to bring these messages to his attention. I hope that he may find time to reply.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Is anyone still there on this topic? I recently inherited a Mugnaini signed litho from my mother's estate, entitled "The Moon Machine". I cannot find any references to this piece online.
Does anyone have information regarding the value of this gorgeous print?
I don't intend to sell it, I'm enjoying it too much!

Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Location: Burbank | Registered: 05 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Carcar it would be fantastic if you could post an image of this print I've not heard of it before thanking you from all of the Mugnaini art lovers out there

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry it took me 5 years to reply!
Here is a photo of my print "Moon Machine", signed by Mugnaini.

Image906572_10202625192325604_1037012920539777717_o.jpg (288 Kb, 27 downloads)

Posts: 4 | Location: Burbank | Registered: 05 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks so much for circulating this. Mugnaini's wonderfully talented work always catches me by delighted surprise.

Posts: 25 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 29 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Mugnaini art, carcar. Thanks for sharing it!

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are very welcome. As I said earlier, I cannot find any reference to this one online. Curious to its worth.
Found rolled up in my mother's closet after she passed away a few years ago. No idea when she purchased it. She was a lover of science fiction, definitely of Bradbury, and passed that love on to me.
The signature is actually in two places, one on the back wheel (see attachment) and one in the right corner.

Image74698900_457978498155489_4279526806966501376_n.jpg (251 Kb, 18 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
74698900_457978498155489_4279526806966501376_n.jpg (251 Kb, 11 downloads)

A "Moon Machine" lithograph is currently listed on eBay at $200.

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks! Hmmm, the listing says "signature". but I don't see it.

posted Hide Post
Yes, I was wondering about that as well. Usually limited-run prints are signed by the artist along the bottom edge, but I didn't see anything in the photo shown in the auction listed.

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And speaking of Joseph Mugnaini....

I see that prints from the "Ten Views of the Moon" lithograph set come up for sale on eBay on a fairly regular basis. There are several of those I really like! Ah well, maybe someday I'll be able to pick up a couple...

Here's an overview of the set, if anyone hasn't seen the artwork before:
https://natedsanders.com/__ten...hograp-lot31389.aspx