Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Happy 91st Birthday Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy 91st Birthday Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Ray Bradbury!

Thanks to my time zone advantage, the day has already dawned where I'm typing this.

May it be a happy and prosperous year, and may there be health and success.

(P.S. - We wouldn't say no to more books or stories, either ...)

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Ray Bradbury, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! You are my favorite author. I first started reading your stories when I was a little girl and now I have the grand pleasure of leaving the books open on the table for the curious eyes of my own grandchildren, who don't miss a thing. I'll tell you it is an honor to read the Halloween Tree aloud to them. Just as a side note I have had the great surprise of meeting a young boy who looked so much like Pip that I was convinced for a long time that literature had come to life by your invention! It was magical. Happy Happy Birthday Ray Bradbury, I love you!

Mrs Zanzibar

Posts: 3 | Location: the sunny side of the street! | Registered: 23 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAY!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Big Grin

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I can't be there this year but I love you and you are always in my thoughts.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the way you took my hand and let me enter your magic world. It's such a joy to read - and live, inside - your words.
Happy Birthday Smiler

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to my favorite author on my favorite day of the year!

As is my annual tradition, I am going to savor a big old slice-o-homegrown-pink-ripe-summer in your honor today:

By the looks of things in my neck-o-the-Land-o-Plenty-woods, the only thing separating us from Halloween on this fine birthday of yours is last winter's cabbage.

And no sir, it doesn't get any better than that!

Happy, happy birthday!

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only 100 printed for this special day.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageBradbury_91_001a.jpg (211 Kb, 25 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Ray, here's wishing you the happiest of birthdays. Hope you are surrounded by family and friends, and have a wonderful day. God bless!

Richard

Posts: 2477 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In today's Los Angeles Times:

http://www.latimes.com/news/op...0822,0,5396702.story

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 91st "MR. B". Hope you liked my little letterpress birthday greeting! Still cranking on NEFERTITI-TUT. Getting closer! All the best, Terence McVicker

posted Hide Post
Warm wishes, Mr. B, from your long-time readers in Minneapolis, Bob & Chris Gordon (who have passed their love of your work on to the now-all-grown-up next generation)

Kit Gordon

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terence McVicker:
Happy 91st "MR. B". Hope you liked my little letterpress birthday greeting! Still cranking on NEFERTITI-TUT. Getting closer! All the best, Terence McVicker

He was delighted with it, as were Malcolm and Christine with your generosity.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
A name. A poet. A book cover. A lovely man with big glasses. Some people may look at you that way, but I don't. I see you as the man that helped me shaping my way of living life, and that's irreplaceable. So, I'm letting everybody know that I wish him the very best he wants in his life, and I'm gifting him and you people the very first thing I wrote, fifty years ago, after reading "Something wicked this way comes" - it's at http://diophantic.org/TheFaintedTowers.pdf

You're a great and alien friend to me, Ray. I hope somebody can show this to him and wish him the best today for him, and a better tomorrow, and another good tomorrow.

Much love from Argentina to you people,
Manu*

Posts: 1 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 22 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With his 91st birthday, Ray Bradbury takes another gigantic stride towards living forever. Many happy returns, Ray.

P.S. I look forward to sending you my PhD thesis about your work. I'm due to complete it in 2016, just in time for your ninety-sixth birthday!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some suitable images for a Bradbury birthday:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post