Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    greentown

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

greentown
 Login/Join

posted
hey for a school project i am doing ray bradbury and i need to know the books, or at least like 5 books that have waukegan, or greentown, in them. thanks a lot

Posts: 3 | Location: waukegan, illinois, USA | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
danielab87:

'Something Wicked This Way Comes'

'Dandelion Wine'

'Dark Carnival' (for 1 or more short stories with a Green Town theme)

'The Halloween Tree'

'The October Country' (for 1 or more short stories with a Green Town theme).

SPECIAL
WELCOME to the Ray Bradbury Board, especially someone who actually lives in Greeen Town, Illinois

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks a lot

Posts: 3 | Location: waukegan, illinois, USA | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
where does farehnheit 451 take place?

posted Hide Post
Fahrenheit 451 is in a community near Chicago, but I don't know if the town is ever named.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fahrenheit almost has to be Green Town then, doesn't it?

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That or real close.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. Just stopping briefly by in case any rowdies here need to high- tail it out. We can easily accomodate them.

Posts: 16 | Location: 03/03/05 Heading back towards Catalina. Stopping there for several days. Currently cruising 20 knots at about 75 feet down. Soon to resurface. | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm from Greentown... Anyone want to know any specific geographical locations about any stories that happened there? Or maybe about the street where Bradbury grew up on? I grew up playing in his fictional "Electric Park. Its real name is Powell Park. Any questions will be answered. I live less than a mile from it now.

*#*#*#*#*#*#* BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BrainSparks:
Check out my website, particularly on 'Bradbury', and 'Green Town Tour,' or just "Tour". http://www.catchaway.com

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool! I see the steps that go down the bluff off Sherman Place, near the street that dead ends by the police station. Then they go over the bridge and up through Ray Bradbury Park that use to be called "Little Powell Park," on Park Avenue. Very cool. Those are the very steps the Lonely one stalked. I cross through that way about once a week still. Then I continue west on Park Avenue to the concrete stairs that go down through the big Powell Park, and up to Grand Avenue. I know that house, area, and all the other pictures of landscape well. I grew up in the same neighborhood. Washington Street, Grand Avenue, West Street, Utica, Clayton, Water, Genesee, Sheridan Road, Glenrock, all from my childhood too. I breath Ray Bradbury's world. Very, very, cool! Read my story Nard, that I posted under Organized Confusions topic. It's called "The Blizzard!" It happens right in that area. It starts with the woman standing on the corner of Genesee and Grand Avenue, where the old A&P use to be, waiting for her bus that never comes. I call Waukegan "Greenville." I hope you like it. David P.S. I saw your hair in that picture too! Did we ever share an opium den in the late 70's together? LOL! I'm 47.

*#*#*#*#*#*#* BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post