Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM DANDELION
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM DANDELION
 Login/Join

posted
Your former moderator.

1. I still have moderating capabilities on the old board, but won't on the new one until enabled by those in charge at HarperCollins. As they have proven notably unresponsive in the past, please be patient, and DON'T respond to any duplicate threads or trolls until the situation is straightened out!

2. Please see my posts under the "Ruled Paper" thread in "Ray's Legacy" about important actions to take regarding posts which didn't make the move from the old board to the new one!

Thanks for your cooperation.

RE-ELECT DANDELION MODERATOR!

Cori

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya got my vote, Toots!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was beginning to wonder there!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And here is my vote, Cornelia!

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine too SmilerFellow posters let's show our support of Dandelion for this important and necessary position!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea! Pavel made it here!

posted Hide Post
I vote for Dandelion!! And since I'm from Chicago, I'm voting several times!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion:

Is there an election? I had just assumed this would go to you. Other than being a bit "gentle" with the Michael Moore zealouts ( Big Grin) you have done a fantastic job.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr. Dark,

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll vote for Miss Dandy.

psst...Hold out for more money, fringe benefits, perks and what not.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I look ridiculous in purple.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All right, keep the support coming! The more I receive, the more "benefits" demands I can make!

posted Hide Post
In the UK we're deluged in election fever from the media at the moment (we elect our government on May 5th), so I will take this opportunity to practice casting a vote.

Here goes:

dandelion X

But I can't tell you who I voted for. This is a secret ballot, right?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote for Dandelion!
Smiler Margaret

Posts: 16 | Location: Menlo Park, CA USA | Registered: 18 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on, guys. I have been BEGGING for a WEEK now. When is everyone going to stop playing with all the gadgets on the new board and address the board hosts with some of the SERIOUS problems they have created?

These are detailed in posts on the last page of the thread here https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/8481038901 along with contact instructions. You WON'T have to fill out anything or join anything new--just click a link to access a site! You don't even have to write your own post! Just copy and paste what I posted--easily done by highlighting the text and clicking "Command C," or "Copy" from your drag down menu, however it is done on your computer. This is not the message with the "abusive language," so should be all right.

PLEASE, SOMEBODY! THIS IS ME BEGGING!!!

(While you're at it, you can tell them this.)

After a week, the post I tried to make on their forums has still not made it through the (supposed) approval cue. My every attempt to fill out a support ticket is met with "Security failure. Data encryption error." I have not been given clearance to create ANY private messages, including responding to private messages sent to me, and no email addresses are provided, effectively blocking ANY access to communication with this huge, cold, heartless corporation.

I have located a snail mail address for them AND I'LL USE IT IF I HAVE TO. PLEASE, DO NOT MAKE ME DO THIS!!!!

posted Hide Post
My dear,
Maybe I'm dense, or missing something, but it's unclear to me exactly what you're trying to accomplish and how we can help.
Is it to restore posts from the old board that went missing AND to allow you to moderate the new board? If so, I'm all for it, but I'm at a loss to know what to do about it. As I said, you may have explained it clearly, but I'm not getting it.
All the best,
Braling II

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post