Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help!!! Need Ray's Philosophy....

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help!!! Need Ray's Philosophy....
 Login/Join

posted
i really need to know what/where to find ray's philosophy. it is imaprative that i find this information!!! help would be greatly appericated! please send me links/info/quotes...anything!!!!
mostly need information in corolation to Fahrenheit 451.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that the only person who can answer that question is the man himself.
Some of his autobiographical pieces (essays, book introductions etc.) may offer some insight, and with close reading of his stories you can deduce his ideas about spirituality, humanity and human nature etc.
His philosophy is quite clear in F.451. Ask yourself:
In the novel, what are the overriding emotions and motivations of people in society?
In this imagined future, what is it that humanity has lost?
What is it that brings a sense of hope and salvation at the end of the novel?
Your question is enormous in scope, and cannot really be answered "in a nutshell" (sorry!). You'll have to closely read Ray's work, apply your own analysis, and see what it "says" to you.
Good luck.

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post