Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury's 88th Birthday Party Celebration
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury's 88th Birthday Party Celebration
 Login/Join

posted
I have attached the flyer for Mr. B's, public, 88th birthday celebration. Last year’s theme was A Sound of Thunder; this year’s will be Moby Dick. I will post more specifics as we get closer to the event.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageRays_88th.jpg (244 Kb, 101 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May he "Live Forever". I wish I could be there!
Can you get some pictures and post for us?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or, better still, get Doug Spaulding to attend with his video camera and a laptop (and a wifi connection) and he can stream live video of the entire event for the rest of us to watch!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Last year’s theme was A Sound of Thunder; this year’s will be Moby Dick.

When Ray cuts the cake, ask him to say "From Hell's heart, I stab at thee!"

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good one, Phil!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Or, better still, get Doug Spaulding to attend with his video camera and a laptop...

Notebook.

Actually, my mac is a desktop, but my cameraman has a mac notebook. Just tell me how to do it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Ray cuts the cake, ask him to say "From Hell's heart, I stab at thee!"

I'll make a note of it.

You witty British.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...but my cameraman has a mac notebook. Just tell me how to do it.

You need a video camera with a Firewire connector on it (your HD camera must have one of these). Connect to the Firewire port on the Macbook. Fire up some webcam software on the Mac (don't know what you have on there, but there must be something. I have used Quicktime Broadcaster on a Macbook - not sure if this is standard software or something extra you have to add).

Then you need a live web connection. (Hopefully the party venue has wifi.)

Then you need somewhere to stream to. A good place to start is www.ustream.tv - they make it very easy, and they have instructions on how to do it. Oh, and it's free.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have used Quicktime Broadcaster on a Macbook - not sure if this is standard software or something extra you have to add).

I have just downloaded it - we'll give it a try!

Thanks!

Free is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug,

Just what you need...another video toy. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Just what you need...another video toy. Smiler

Yeah, and after last night, a free video toy!

No further comments will be made on this issue.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"No further comments"!?!

Is this the real Douglas Spaulding talking or are you an imposter?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Real.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I rest my case.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
May he "Live Forever". I wish I could be there!
Can you get some pictures and post for us?

Mr. Dark: There will be plenty of pictures. Doug will be there. (Try and stop him) Nard has yet to let us down. That Kirsher fellow will be filming, also.

John King Tarpinian