Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury 13

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury 13
 Login/Join

posted
Amazon just recommend this to me.

Anyone know anything about it?

Bradbury 13 [Audiobook][Unabridged] (Audio CD)

Bradbury 13 is a collection of 13 radio dramas masterfully adapted from classic short stories by veteran science-fiction author Ray Bradbury. Bradbury's stories refract our own fears and foibles through otherworldly prisms. Each dramatization is approximately thirty minutes long and includes original music. This collection includes the following:

A Sound of Thunder Time Safari, IncDark They Were and Golden Eyed Harry
The Happiness Machine
The Fox and the Forest
Here There Be Tygers .
Kaleidoscope .
The Man
Night Call,
The Screaming Woman
There Was an Old Woman Old !
The Veldt
The Wind
The Ravine

Posts: 33 | Location: NZ | Registered: 05 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BUY IT, and listen in a darkened room.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow...had no idea this was happening so soon. Makes me laugh thinking about all the time I spent digitizing my audio cassette copies so I could have the series in my iTunes library.

Anyone know if this will include the interview from the original cassette release? Amazon doesn't mention it.

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know this release was imminent, but I was aware that there were moves to release it. The episodes became available as high(-ish) quality MP3s on the Twilight Zone Radio Show store a while ago, but now we can FINALLY get them on CD. I noticed that the artwork on Amazon is the same as on the TZ site, so this looks like a co-ordinated effort.

I'll see if I can get an update from the original series producer.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blackstone have more detail, but make no reference to any extras, such as interviews:

http://www.blackstoneaudio.com/audiobook.cfm?id=5471

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that the British say "Blackstone have", rather than "Blackstone has".

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The British" fluctuate(s) between "have" and "has" depending on how rapidly he/she/it type(s)!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
These audio adaptations seem to me to be the best of the best.
Would love to see a similar release of radio BBC's Ray Bradbury's Tales of the Bizarre.

By the way Twilight Zone Radio is soon to release their adaptation of Ray Bradbury's "I Sing The Body Electric!" http://twilightzoneradio.blogspot.com/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Would love to see a similar release of radio BBC's Ray Bradbury's Tales of the Bizarre...

I agree. The BBC series dared to use some rarely adapted stories, and did them rather well.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I like that the British say "Blackstone have", rather than "Blackstone has".

Maybe that's how they distinguish between a person's and a firm's name.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...Maybe that's how they distinguish between a person's and a firm's name.

You're quite right, dandelion. We Brits tend to refer to companies as "they". So we say "they have the CD in stock", and hence "Blackstone have the CD in stock". At least, in colloquial and spoken English. In formal writing, I would normally tend to correct the "have" to "has" if Blackstone were the subject of the sentence.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Never thought I would use the subjunctive in a message board...

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Never thought I would use the subjunctive in a message board...

Well, you has now!

Subjunctive is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RE: Bradbury 13.

audible.com has just released the entire series on one download (less than 10 USD if you're a member). Previously, and they still have, each one available separately (for less than 5 USD).Twilightzoneradio have them for less than 2 USD.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post