Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    For 4E
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For 4E
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
4E's cake. The right image was cut out and taken to Forry,.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageCake.JPG (193 Kb, 15 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. B paying tribute to 4E.

John King Tarpinian

ImageRay.JPG (195 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was unable to make it up there due to previous commitment. So thanks for the photos.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a nice little review of the birthday party posted on File 770:

http://file770.com/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Along with the event there was a special DVD available from the February Three Legends event. Our very own Doug Spaulding edited a nice 40 minute DVD of Ray Harryhausen, Ray Bradbury and Forrest J Ackerman talking about the lives and how the three interacted during 70 plus years of friendship. This is more memorable since that was probably the last time the three will ever be together.
The bookshop this event and Saturday’s, was held at was Mystery and Imagination. They still have a few copies of the DVD available for $14.95 each. If interested email them at Bookfellows, [bookfellows@gowebway.com] To avoid confusion, Mystery and Imagination is the new and used book division while Bookfellows is the high-end collectible division.
I have two caveats about the DVD, my voice can be heard and my back-side can be seen. I apologize for both.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Speaking of last time's, here's a little video of me visiting 4E about a month ago during Open House. He tells the gathered crowd a story of Boris Karloff and one of Ray Bradbury.

He took ill the following week, and this could be his last Open House ever (although we certainly hope not).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's such a cool guy, what a gem of a human being.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Farewell 4E.

Dearest friends: At 11:58 last night, Thursday December 4th Forrest J Ackerman passed away quickly and peacefully. I am struggling to give you this information between bouts of profound grief of the sort that you will all be experiencing at the sight of this news. I will give you more details as I'm able. For now, trust me when I tell you he left us gently, in complete lucidity and with as much dignity as any of us could have wished for our beloved Uncle. Thanks for all of your support. We'll talk again soon.
Love,
Joe Moe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truly wonderful that Forry Ackerman and Ray Bradbury had the opportunity to spend time together recently. What a long career together, going back to when both were young men. Friends for a lifetime.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot say how honored I was to have been the one who MC'd Uncle Forry's birthday party that was hosted by Mr. B, two weeks ago. Only now has it hit me how lucky I was to have been allowed to help honor a man who has been a part of so many lives and careers.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
This must be very difficult for Mr. Bradbury. When friendships have such a long, long history between two people. My hope that Mr. Bradbury would have himself lots of support during this time.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How blessed you, who have been close with Mr. Ackerman over the past several months, should now feel. Death is as miraculous and unexplainable as the moment in which life begins. Those honored to have been on hand for either, or a part of their vibrant or peaceful approach, can say they had a special purpose in things that really matter.

So, we have shared in Mr. Ackerman's love and humor and genius via the posts here, especially as so warmly extended by JKT and Doug Spaulding. Mr. Bradbury must be deeply saddened in ways that few can understand. Please extend our condolences (RB site members) to family and friends of Mr. Ackerman. It may help in some way for them to hear that folks from around the world have had him in their prayers for many weeks and especially now at his passing.

(Doug and JKT, thoughts are sent out to you both sincerely!)
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
This must be very difficult for Mr. Bradbury. When friendships have such a long, long history between two people. My hope that Mr. Bradbury would have himself lots of support during this time.

Mr. B has family with him this week, so yes.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
RIP, Uncle Forry. We love you and will miss you most terribly, the greatest fan who ever lived. Condolences to his friends and family, and to Ray as well.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with Dennis McLellan of the LA Times, who tells me the story will appear in tomorrow's newspaper, in case anyone would like to pick up a copy. It's online now.

"Live Forever!"