Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    For 4E
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For 4E
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yes. Weren't there many outside interests seeking control of things after Mr. Ackerman became quite ill and later passed away. I know there was a question as to how his treasures (books, memorabilia, awards, photos, et al) would be distributed and/or saved for historical reasons. How was his vast collection of sf items dealt with?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
How was his vast collection of sf items dealt with?

As 4E once said, auctions speak louder than words.

Look!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4E would have loved this!

Who'll be there?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it were closer to home, I'd go!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's relatively close to me - I may go. I'd really like to go Friday for the Stephen King programme, because we have filmed a King short we will try to show there next year.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Is your short a dollar baby?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Is your short a dollar baby?

It sure is! (Although it actually cost nearly $3000!)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A new Casey Wong original. It premiered at Monsterpalooza. Very accurate!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
That's uncanny. Spooky, even.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Spooky, even.

I'm sure 4E would appreciate that reaction. Eeker

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The history of robots, written by Forrie:

http://blog.modernmechanix.com...v=thumbs&Qis=XL#qdig

- Phil

posted Hide Post
MJ

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
MJ

Now, that is thrilling.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, it's getting the white glove treatment...

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
Wow, it's getting the white glove treatment...

What's black and red and Bad all over? The way they beat it to bid on the threads was positively dangerous!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post