Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New biography

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New biography
 Login/Join

posted
Hello.

Several months ago I read that the rights to pen an official Bradbury biography had been sold (for six figures, by the way). Any word on this book?

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are talking about the Sam Weller book... then it's Sam Weller working in conjunction with Bradbury (or is it vice-versa)...with a publication date probably around the same date as the release of Sound of Thunder movie, Spring 2004....

Click on, or type into finder the following, then scroll 3/4 way down to find info on this Bradbury Biography project...
http://fiction.colum.edu/news/index.php

���PS��� Have we forgotten?
HAPPY 34th ANNIVERSARY TODAY of First Manned Landing on The Moon

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 07-20-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Lance,

The biography is coming together very nicely and should be out next year. There isn't an exact pub date as I'm not done with it yet!

I have lots of never-before-published photos of Ray and the Bradbury family dating all the way back to very old pictures from the late 1800s. The book will also include many, many, many never-before-told stories from the life of the greatest author on Earth and Mars! There will be as many other extra goodies included between the two covers as I can jam in there.

Real fast: I spent this last weekend with Ray and his family and friends down at the San Diego Comic Con. Ray gave a talk along with his first agent, Julie Schwartz, as well as Forrest J. Ackerman. It was, no surprise, amazing. I'm sure some others will post about this.

The new "Bradbury Stories" book is stunning. The title is embossed on the cover and the selection of 100 tales is, in my opinion, superb.

Thanks for the inquiry about the bio, by the way!

Best,

SW

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate enough to obtain an advance reading copy of the new BRADBURY STORIES colection. Sam is probably too modest to mention it, but Ray's new collection is dedicated to three "Sam's" in his life: his grandfather, his grandson and...Sam Weller, his biographer. What a wonderful honor! Congratulations, Sam!

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam,

Thanks so much for stopping by and replying. I can't wait for the book!

Lance

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post