Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I'M BACK
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'M BACK
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Nard! They've been missing you over at the old place!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, did you move back there or are you just visiting? (I'm guessing you moved, based upon your "location.")

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Ray will be appearing at Comic-con this year?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion
skipper

Moved back! But don't shake me. I might wake up and discover it's simply a dream...!

fanboy

Best if someone like Patrick clues you in. He knows Ray's schedule the best perhaps.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, that explains why, when I called you the other day, the phone was disconnected. Now my son is planning on moving to Minnesota so I will just have to come out to see you and Ray.

Braling II--Hey, we have to have a great sense of humor to live down here. Sunday was so beautiful and the beauty far out weighs the concern of hurricanes. Wilma was a direct hit for where we live, whereas Katrina hit ten miles south of here before raking across the tip of Florida and going forth to become the monster it became to wreck havoc on New Orleans and the surrounding area.

Since Wilma was a direct hit here (the first time in 50 years) we, hopefully, won't be seeing another direct hit for a while. But who knows?

The sad part is that people are still repairing their roofs from last October 24th and hurricane seasons starts again June 1st.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SO FAR, THE MAN'S A GO, TO SAN DIEGO, COMIC-CON

TAKE CARE
PATRICK

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard:

Don't want to lose touch. Please give me a call and give me your new contact information!

My email has changed, but I don't know how to change it on this site. Also, selfishlessly, I'm afraid if I update my profile (no threat of that, since I don't know how to do it) I'm afraid I'll lose my high count of posts and start me over again as a neophyte!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back to the Pacific Ocean, Nard!
I'll be at the Doubletree in Santa Monica Monday the 13th for "The Art of Writing" with The Man.
Hope to see you there. I'm the tall blonde highly-intelligent-looking lady.
And humble, too.
Nanoo

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane 1:

Isn't that just great. Did not get a referral number. Should not have cancelled the service right off. The numbers were thus thrown into the 'pool', unable to be retrieved. See, you can 'almost' vanish from the earth unless you tell someone your whereabouts...

Mr. Dark: I'll get in touch with new #s.

N. K. Love: Perhaps it all has something to do with the salt air...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

I think that it just great that you returned to the LA area. To be able to see Ray on a more regular basis will be tremendous.

When you have an opportunity email me your new contact number at clmi9901@man.com.

What are doing you doing out there? It seems that you were in publishing in Chicago. Am I correct or just getting senile?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THE
"MESSAGE
BOARDS"
ARE
BACK...
BRAVO
!!!!!

=======

Just emailed the...yes...new owner of the Ray Bradbury site to inquire as to exactly what has become of the 'Message Boards'. And lo-and- behold, here it is. I should have done one more checking on the board before sending an email. Obviously 'twas' already there!!

====
Met with and heard Ray last night (March 13, '06)... and it's one of those times you see why it's a good idea to bring a cam-corder with you at all times. What a time!! Ray was in absolutely FINE FORM!! Spoke strongly, and did a wonderful job of conveying to all present the need to love what you do... At 85, Ray has not diminished in his essential powers. It's all there. Even stories heard countless times before were fresh and wonderful to hear again. Patrick, who has been keeping watch over Ray more intently lately, has obviously been taking good care of Mr. B. Ray even has let his hair grow out again!! Ray truly loves his audience, his work, and how he has lived his life. It comes across so strongly that one must come to near tears listening as to how what gift God has given him has been used so wisely...

=======

Also had the opportunity to meet Nancy Love, posting as (N.K. Love). She has recently moved to LA area from Texas.

Sam Weller, I hear, will be in Los Angeles town in the next 2 weeks or thereabouts...and likely signing at events with Ray. Postings forthwith on the time and place and goings-on...

============

Again..welcome back 'Message Boards' and..
WELCOME...
... the new owner, Carol, at Authors on the Net

============

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

posted Hide Post
Thanks Nard for sharing that! That is indeed wonderful and inspiring news. Nard, you've been out of the loop, until they transfer the postings, which I think they will, go to the old site and you can see the utter turmoil we were in without you around. Some exciting news to boot regarding Waukegan, or should I say Greentown. WELCOME BACK ALL YE MERRY BRADBURY REVELERS!

Did you see my mobile?

(I actually wanted to see if this site "thanks" you for editing, this is only a test.)

(oh it did, but I feel it wasn't heartfelt)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert
Lincoln

Gosh, the old website can't be in that much disarray! Anyway, I don't have the magic internet address for the old site because it was in my old computer, which is sitting on a desk in Chicago waiting to be picked-up and brought to a place to download the hardrive onto disks. So... if you have THAT address, email to me: b.kordell@comcast.net

...I thank you!

posted Hide Post
Wooohoooo! The man himself will probably be at Comic-con! I'm already excited. Last year as I was going to his lecture, I came down the hall next to the auditorium, and he, Forry Ackerman, and Ray Harryhausen were sitting there in wheelchairs. Photo-op! I felt blessed.

Thanks for answering my question, FH 451.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was indeed a special night at the Doubletree in Santa Monica Monday, March 13th. Ray is such an incredibly beautiful soul, his energy radiates like the sun for all who will see.
I'm still glowing from having caught all those sun-Rays!

Nard, it was delightful to make your acquaintance. You comment above that Ray's essential skills have not diminished. Perhaps that is because--to begin with--they are so much stronger and more vibrant than that of most.

There is an old Moody Blues song that goes "Listen to the one who sings of love! Follow, my friend..."
For all those who expect a dry treatise on the mechanics of getting words onto paper--that's not what Ray Bradbury has to give. What he has to give is astonishing passion. What he has to give is undeniable brilliance. He yields a great crop of juicy emotional fruit, and it has all been plucked joyously from the tree of Love.

He reveals to us this bounty, and invites us to reach for our own creative harvest--Eat, drink, be merry and ENJOY!

And he teaches us how to reach for the stars.
The moon and Mars have never looked so good.

The stars are our destiny, and we are OK TO GO!

Love to you in all you do,
N. Love

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post