Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Subterranean MARTIAN CHRONICLES thread...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Subterranean MARTIAN CHRONICLES thread...
 Login/Join

posted
I thought updates for this upcoming release deserved it's own thread, instead of just add-ons to what amounted to the Hill House complaint department....

Here is what may or may not be the DJ cover for Subterranean's MARTIAN CHRONICLES deluxe edition. I'm not sure if they have decided on whether there will be a dust jacket or not....but this image has been added to the website. It looks like it's going to be quite a book. At 7" x 10" and nearly 750 pages, its a monster. I can't wait to see it.

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book is apparently going thru a last run of proofreading (since the ARCs were available a few weeks back) and then off to the printers it appears...its getting close.

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great idea...

I am so looking forward to this book...

an early review of the ARC is on

http://booktionary.blogspot.co...tian-chronicles.html

and Joe Hills introduction to the book is now on the subterranean press page for the book

Posts: 33 | Location: NZ | Registered: 05 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know why but sub Press asked people what they thought of the dust jacket, should it have one or not?

Now I do like the dust jacket but I would prefer it to be a frontispiece. After paying all this money for this book I would prefer for the book craftsmanship to look a little better than a trade hardcover.

...and yea, I can't wait for this to be published. There is a lot of good stuff inside the covers.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gguthrie:
I don't know why but sub Press asked people what they thought of the dust jacket, should it have one or not? and I forgot to email in with my vote of "not."

Now I do like the dust jacket but I would prefer it to be a frontispiece. After paying all this money for this book I would prefer for the book craftsmanship to look a little better than a trade hardcover.

...and yea, I can't wait for this to be published. There is a lot of good stuff inside the covers.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know why but sub Press asked people what they thought of the dust jacket, should it have one or not?

It's kind of a toss up for me....they were not planning a DJ at all but I kind of like it. I think I'll email Bill and ask him.

posted Hide Post
Schedule has been bumped. This from Bill at Subterranean-

"The interior of the book has been completely proofread and is ready to be sent the the printer. The sig sheets are in house, as is the finished artwork. Our regular printer rep had to take a short leave from work, so we're just now sourcing the hand-marbled paper we intend to bind TMC in. We want everything with this book to go smoothly, and weren't comfortable finalizing all the details without her guiding eyes on everything that passes through. This shouldn't delay the book past February, but we'll let everyone know if it's going to take longer than that."

So...February it is....

posted Hide Post
From The Subterranean Website

New Titles Just Sent to the Printer
November 25, 2009

– Angelic (Kelley Armstrong);
The Martian Chronicles (Ray Bradbury);– Mister Slaughter (Robert McCammon);
– The Club Dumas (Arturo Perez-Reverte);
– The God Engines (John Scalzi)
– Judge Sn Goes Golfing (John Scalzi).

Posts: 33 | Location: NZ | Registered: 05 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well i must agree with Carcosa on the question of wether it should be a dustjacket or not ,my feeling is the same, a frontispiece,iv`e ordered my copy and live in the UK and like many others i can`t wait to get my hands on this fine book.

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only two or three months away now...

I was wondering, has anyone thought or have plans for a Annotated Martian Chronicles? Its a true classic, has a rich publication and adaptation history, definitely worth the treatment of that type of project.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an update on the progress I found on
http://subterraneanpress.com/i...n-chronicles-update/

"As we’ve noted before, we ran into a snag with Ray Bradbury’s The Martian Chronicles: the Complete Edition, which is only now being sorted out.

All of the hand marbled paper to cover the books’ boards was initially supposed to be delivered the first week of January. It’s February 20, and our printer doesn’t have all of the paper yet. The good news is that final shipment is in the US, clearing customs.

We’ve seen and approved the printed but not yet bound pages for TMC, meaning the books will head straight to the bindery as soon as that second half of the marbled paper reaches our printer. After the books are bound, we’ll send copies out to have the slipcases (for the numbered edition) and traycases (for the lettered edition) constructed. This usually take anywhere from 6-8 weeks.

We’ll post more news when the books have been bound, with a few photos if we can manage them.

Our thanks to everyone for their patience as this complex project comes together. We think Bradbury’s many fans will be pleased with the end result.

Posted on Saturday, February 20th, 2010 at 10:34 am.
"

posted Hide Post
Yea I just saw that too. That stinks but what can you do, hopefully we get it in a couple of months and not much longer.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yea I just saw that too. That stinks but what can you do, hopefully we get it in a couple of months and not much longer.

I praise SubPress for being upfront with the production problems.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, that's about twice what I spent on Dark Carnival, which was about three times what I spent on The Ray Bradbury Companion which was until then about the most I ever spent on a book, but since I've been insisting for about eight years https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...901/m/9861056901/p/1 that this should be done and they're not only doing it but way better than I suggested, I guess I'll have to order one.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well we all have to wait,but i`m sure the wait will be worth it .Subteranean do great work and the guys who put all this together deserve our thanks,i am looking forward to this book here in the UK along with Where Everything Ends and Dawn to Dusk .Their production values are the best so patience my friends everything comes to him who waits.

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post