Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for an essay....

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for an essay....
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for an essay that I think was by Ray Bradbury. I think the essay was titled "God", or "Creating God", or something like that. The essay is only one page long.It was a science-fiction story about creating a computer that linked
all the knowledge from all the species throughout the universe. Any ideas?!

Posts: 4 | Location: usa | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe you're thinking of "The Last Question" by Isaac Asimov?

Here's an electronic version of the story:
http://www.maddad.org/asimov01.htm

Posts: 22 | Location: San Pedro, CA | Registered: 05 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This Asimov story definitely transcends the "one page essay" description, but it is a good story. Worth the time to click over and read.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda on that same line, except the one I'm looking for ends after building the computer and putting all their knowledge together, they ask the computer if there is a God. The computer replies, "There is now." Does that make you think of another one? Thank you so much for your replies, by the way! I greatly appreciate them. Also, The Last Questions IS a great story!!

Posts: 4 | Location: usa | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post