Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Where did he go?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where did he go?
 Login/Join

posted
I just wanted to know if Ray is still getting published. I haven't seen anything “new” by him anywhere. Has he taken time off writing? I mean it says on his “Ask The Author” link that he writes everyday. So is that out of date, or is it that he doesn't submit anymore? Where did he go?

Posts: 44 | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bradbury Stories: 100 of Bradbury's Most Celebrated Tales, Came out in 2003.

In 2004 he published "The Cat's Pajamas: Stories".

Due out in 2005 is "The Dog in the Red Bandana".

I believe there are others. He is definitely working. He also speaks, does interviews, goes to bood signings, participates in his plays, etc.

He is still a very active, busy author.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard of the first two. I actually own the first one in hardback, But if you were to flip through the copyright information you'd see that the latest copyright is 1996. And that's almost a decade gone. I'm asking about stuff that's after the new millennium. Is "the Cat's Pajamas: Stories"'s stories more current?

Posts: 44 | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By:
--Bradbury Stories:  100 of His Most Celebrated Tales (2003)
--Let's All Kill Constance (2003)
--Cat's Pajamas (2004)
--Bradbury speaks:  Too Soon from the Cave, Too Far from the Stars (Due in 2005)

About:
--The Bradbury Chronicles, Biography by Sam Weller (2005)

Featured in:
--Ray Harryhausen:  An Illustrated Life

This ought to be enough to keep you busy for awhile!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is talk of a movie in the works. I dont know if its true, but I have heard allot about it.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you be referring to the movie "A Sound of Thunder" that has been under development for a couple of years and, is supposed to be released, now, in the fall of 2005. For a variety of reasons, its release has been delayed several times, however, Ray has seen and liked it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray says he would like the movie to be released on his birthday.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post