Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Golden Apples of the Sun
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Golden Apples of the Sun
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I received my, second printing, edition of Golden Apples of the Sun from Subterranean Press today. Mr. B was right, the yellow dust jacket is better. I took to calling the original green dust jacket the “Pippin Apples of the Sun.” Thank you to SubPress for going with the new jacket. In addition, I thought that this printing was going to be done with a lighter weight paper but in comparing both editions, I would say that both editions have the better grade paper.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Subterranean Press sent out a newsletter this morning that offers a limited number of "dinged" copies of Golden Apples of the Sun for $10 plus shipping.

"We've received a double handful of copies of Ray Bradbury's seminal collection Golden Apples of the Sun back from one of our wholesalers.

These are second printings, with the yellow cover that Mr. Bradbury prefers, but with all the glorious table of contents intact. Most have very small flaws, but we can't in good conscience sell them as new.

If you're interested in a copy, please feel free to order one via the PayPal link in this newsletter, or via our online store. If you go the latter route, you must mention $10 dinged book when checking out. Regular shipping charges apply. (This order may not be combined with any other specials, coupons, discounts, credits, etc. Quantities are limited.)"

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received my "dinged" copy, and you'd be hard-pressed to find the ding.

Know what it is? A small wrinkle in the lower left-hand corner of the front of the book. I've seen much worse on book shoppe shelves. In fact, I wouldn't have known this was dinged if they hadn't told me.

And it's golden!

It's a beautiful thing.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...And it's golden!...

As it should be. Mine was green, however...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury did this image in words 50+ years ago!!!!
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/ho...s/article2431157.ece

Beautiful "Golden Apples of the Sun"
My first RB bokk as a 9th grader...

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! An ironic redo...not quite two complete trips around "Golden Apples of the Sun!"

http://news.yahoo.com/video/sc...05295#video=24105295

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, indeed!
Here is a cool space weather site: http://spaceweather.com/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post