Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury Interview for the Hollywood Scriptwriter

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Interview for the Hollywood Scriptwriter
 Login/Join

posted
If you are a new writer looking for inspiration and good advice on writing fiction verses writing film scripts, I welcome you to view this Q&A with Ray Bradbury, from the January 1999 issue of The Hollywood Scriptwriter and expanded here to its full, original length.
http://www.newcenturywriter.org/sampleANVILissue.htm

Cheers,
Jason

Posts: 4 | Location: New Haven, CT 06512, USA | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jason! Enjoyed the article!

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lance, Glad you enjoyed. Thanks much for letting me know. I'll speak with Ray soon and be letting him know that people are already conversing on his site. He does not had internet access. Ray is a wonderful man and we have become great friends in recent years. As Larry King said of Ray at the end of an interview a few years back, "If you ever wished that someone would live forever, wish it for Bradbury." I feel the same way.
-Jason

Posts: 4 | Location: New Haven, CT 06512, USA | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Jason,

I spoke with Ray just yesterday. Last May I had taken a photo of a field of dandelions and finally got in enlarged and framed and in the post to Ray. He sounds good and currently is busy with one of his plays in L.A. Someone was at the door before I could ask him his take on the current events of the world.

As with Larry King, I, too, wish that he could live forever and be free of his physical maladies. With his creativity he needs to see clearly and hear clearly and walk well, but even with his physical problems, he isn't slowing up too much. Thank heavens.

Posts: 39 | Location: Plantation, FL USA | Registered: 19 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jason-

Hey, speak with Bradbury? Man, this is my all-time favorite writer, ever! I don't even know what I'd DO if I had the chance to meet him. Consider yourself blessed. I wrote to him, and was stunned when he actually wrote back. I mean, wow!

Do me a favor, Jason. When you talk to him, say that "Lance says thanks for the lizard." You see, when I wrote him, a lizard was one of the topics of our conversation. He probably won't remember, getting as many letters as I'm sure he does, but what the heck.

So how does one go about MEETING him anyway? Gosh, I tremble at the very thought . . .

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jason, Thanks for the link to that interview.
The photo at the intro of Mr Bradbury is very revealing of his character. I was able to meet him briefly when he spoke on Halloween night in Ogden UT. I had the opportunity to give him a painting of "Tom Fury's Lightning Bolt" at a banquet before he spoke to a large group from the community.
He was kind enough to give me a big hug, and I will always consider it to have been a great honor for me to have met him. He is a man full of com"passion" for life. He is very real in his grasp of human nature.
With this ability he has fleshed out many visions of strenths,and fears.I have seen life with a different view after I read my first Bradbury book "The Illustrated Man".
I look forward to his next progressive creations in this life and on. If You get a chance to read this,stay as fiesty and fired up Forever!!! scanner

Posts: 8 | Location: ogden,utah,usa | Registered: 30 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jason and Flyboy,

I'm doing a term paper concerning the censorship of Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. I would like to ask Mr. Bradbury a few questions concerning this novel and censorship in general. If it is possible, could I have his home address or email address so that I can get in contact with him. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post