Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury Juvenile Biographies

Moderators: philnic, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Juvenile Biographies
 Login/Join

posted
Are the authors of any of these books members of this forum?

Has anyone here read or seen these books and if so can offer description or comment? I have the third one ordered and can post when it arrives.

[ 1 ] Bradbury, Ray, 1920---Juvenile literature. Bankston, John, 1974- Ray Bradbury / by John Bankston. 2011

ACCESS:
Jefferson or Adams Building Reading Rooms
CALL NUMBER:
PS3503.R167 Z57 2011

[ 2 ] Bradbury, Ray, 1920---Juvenile literature. Griskey, Michele. Ray Bradbury / Michele Griskey. 2007

ACCESS:
CALL NUMBER:
PS3503.R167 Z686 2007

[ 3 ] Bradbury, Ray, 1920---Juvenile literature. Mass, Wendy, 1967- Ray Bradbury : master of science fiction and fantasy / Wendy Mass. 2004

ACCESS:
CALL NUMBER:
PS3503.R167 Z75 2004

Posts: 6933 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good idea to have a separate thread. Perhaps the cover art will ring some bells:

Publisher's page for Bankston book

Publisher's page for Griskey book

Amazon page for Mass book

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5012 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful, Phil.

Posts: 6933 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is another, for ages 11 and up, by an author with an unfortunate last name. Only two letters different and he would be a British word for a total idiot.

Personal name: Piddock, Charles.
Main title: Ray Bradbury : legendary fantasy writer / by Charles Piddock.
Published/Created: Pleasantville, NY : Gareth Stevens Pub., 2009.
Description: 111 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
ISBN: 9781433900594 (lib. bdg.)
1433900599 (lib. bdg.)
Links: Table of contents only
CALL NUMBER: PS3503.R167 Z84 2009
Copy 1
-- Request in: Jefferson or Adams Building Reading Rooms

I have the Wendy Mass book and ordered the other two today when I saw prices on Amazon.com had dropped dramatically. The Piddock book is still too high for me to justify right now. I will let you all know my opinions when I have them.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Here is another...

That cover is familiar. I must have seen it before but confused it with the other three.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5012 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Here is another...

That cover is familiar. I must have seen it before but confused it with the other three.

You are hereby ordered to obtain and review it immediately.

posted Hide Post
That kind of sucks that the last author's name was Charles and not Peter, because the others were Wendy, John, and Michele, which is the feminine of Michael, and if he'd been named Peter it would have been all of the main characters of Peter Pan!

posted Hide Post
Perhaps board member Tinkerbell could also write one...

- Phil

posted Hide Post
My reviews of the four books can be found here, the Wendy Mass title on page 6 and the other three on page 8: http://raybradburyboard.com/ev...901/m/7637029695/p/1