Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What Was Happening In The World When Ray Bradbury Was Born
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Was Happening In The World When Ray Bradbury Was Born
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
There is another interesting twist to this item, Dandelion, since Big Poe purposefully whacks Jimmie Cosner in the head with the ball as he is trying to steal second base! (And young "Douglas" is in the stands taking this all in with his mom!)

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent topic, Greentown!

In August of 1920, ratification of the 19th Amendment was complete, assuring us that the right of U.S. citizens to vote would not be denied or abridged on account of sex.

Posts: 2 | Location: Stilwell, KS USA | Registered: 27 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
19th Ammendment, that's coo - HEY!!!!
kdw waugh!!!!!!!!!!!
(it took it a second to sink in)
Welcome aboard, dude!!!!!
Just displayed Dark Carnival in my bedroom this weekend.

miss you

(BEEP)"Greentown, someone at the door." (Click)

[This message has been edited by From Greentown Illinois (edited 02-01-2005).]

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet it's a great display! Funny, I'm reading it again right now. Well -- not right this second. The book is beside me, ribboned in the middle of your favorite, "The Small Assassin." Wheeeeee.

Hey -- I dig being a Junior Member of the forums. Do I get a discount on Happy Meals or anything? If so, I'm holding out of the pack with the Star Trek: The Motion Picture secret compartment ring.

--K

Posts: 2 | Location: Stilwell, KS USA | Registered: 27 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No discounts until you complete initiation and become a full member. We teach you the secret handshake then as wel--- I mean - there, uh - there is no secret handshake. Right guys?

Please welcome kdw waugh with open arms everyone. He is the real deal. One of us. After all, this is my best buddy who turned me on to Ray Bradbury five or six years ago.

On a personal note, kdw - I now feel that this site is a bit more complete now that you are here - been waitin' for ya.

And now back to the business at hand -

Watership Down author, Richard Adams was born in 1920. He preceded Ray Bradbury by about three and a half months, coming into the world on May 9th of that year.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post