Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Information on Acquiring Rights?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Information on Acquiring Rights?
 Login/Join

posted
Since I'm located far and away from California, I'm wondering if anybody happens to have information on how one might obtain film rights to any of Mr. Bradbury's works.
I do not know the name of his current agent, and letters to publishers have, throughout history, gone notoriously unanswered by people seeking such information. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time,

benjamin sTone

Posts: 1 | Location: Champaign, Illinois, U.S.A. | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benjamin-

If you're serious about producing a movie, then I suggest you call the publishing house and simply tell them your story. They will tell you the name of his agent, if nothing else. Writers phone the houses all the time when trying to get an agent. Say you write a book in the style of Dean Koontz and you want to submit to his agent. You call the publisher and eventually you find someone who handles such calls. The publishing houses expect to get such queries. Good luck.

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post