Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    pics of Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pics of Ray
 Login/Join

posted
Hey there, all. Complete and utter newbie here in need of a little help.

I'm working on finding images for a new planetarium show we're producing about Mars. I'm looking for a good looking, hi-res picture of Ray that I could have permission to use. Where should I start looking?

We are a non-profit educational organization and will include whatever credits are necessary in the show.

TIA,

drew

Just a guy made of dots and lines

Posts: 4 | Location: Nashville | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
drew,
here are three suggestions:

1. look at the images on Google - here's a direct link: http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=...dbury%22&btnG=Search

If you find anything there that is suitable, you will have to then go to the website that hosts the picture and try and find out who owns the copyright (bearing in mind that lots of websites will carry material that they don't legally own!)

2. Contact HarperCollins publicity department or permissions department - here's some contact info that is really aimed at people wanting to reproduce content from HarperCollins books, but this may give you some leads: http://www.harpercollins.com/templates.asp?page=permissions

3. Stick around and hope that some other board members might be able to offer pictures from their personal collection. Nard? biplane1? Patrick?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks philnic!

Posts: 4 | Location: Nashville | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
drewbert,

Somewhere on this board I posted a photo of Ray along with a photo of Ray and my daughters and wife.

When I get home I could post that photo again. It is an informal shot of Ray sitting on a couch across from me when I and my family were to visit him in 1996.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
You are welcome to any I took at San Diego Comic Con, if they will work for you. I worked for many years for a planetarium and would be happy to help you.
Patricia

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PatR! I just showed this to my boss Kris, who literally screamed out loud in recognition, seeing your user name and location.

She says to tell you, "Phil is still short."

email me! dgilmore@adventuresci.com

Just a guy made of dots and lines

posted Hide Post
drewbert:

Take a look at any of the photos on my website. Locate a 'Bradbury' icon to click on. There find an assortment of photos including Ray at the Marslanding in Pasadena last year.

I have in my possession the 'original' digitals, and can email original specific ones to you...as a few of the photos translated to the website should have turned out better.

click on:
http://www.catchaway.com

_

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Just wanted to let you know we did end up using two of your pictures in the show, and you appear in the credits. Please email me if you have questions (see above post.)

drew