Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Happy New Year for 2005!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy New Year for 2005!
 Login/Join

posted
Just a note to wish my fellow Bradbury fans a happy New Year for 2005!

2004 gave us:

THE CAT'S PAJAMAS, by Ray Bradbury.

CONVERSATIONS WITH RAY BRADBURY, Ed by Steven L. Aggelis.

RAY BRADBURY: THE LIFE OF FICTION, by William F.Touponce and Jonathan R. Eller

IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, by Ray Bradbury. Gauntlet Publications (A Gauntlet Original), 2004. Signed, numbered edition.(Added per Richard's comment, below.) I got number 42 out of 750.

2005 will give us:

THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES; PREDICTING THE PAST, REMEMBERING THE FUTURE. THE LIFE OF RAY BRADBURY, by Sam Weller.

BRADBURY SPEAKS: TOO SOON FROM THE CAVE, TOO FAR FROM THE STARS, by Ray Bradbury.

THE DOG IN THE RED BANDANA, by Ray Bradbury.

THE HALLOWEEN TREE, by Ray Bradbury. The Gauntlet Press. Signed, Limited Edition. (Added per Richard's comment, below.)

Let's hope for peace, prosperity, and good health -- for the world at large, and for Ray Bradbury in particular!

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 01-02-2005).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 also gave us the signed, limited edition of IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE from Gauntlet Press. That same publisher is also planning a signed, limited edition of THE HALLOWEEN TREE for October, 2005, just in time for Halloween. It will contain Ray's preferred text, before it was edited by the book's original publisher. Here is a link with more information about the book:
http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin/gauntletpress/perl...k&ORDER_ID=732405578

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Richard. I had forgotten about that. It set me back a pretty penny, too; so I'm not sure how I forgot! I love his cover painting.

I hadn't heard about Gauntlet Press doing a signed Halloween Tree. I'll look forward to that one, too. Will he do a cover painting for that one? All I have is an old paperback put out by Bantam Pathfinder Press. I haven't seen a hard cover. Do you know if it will have the drawings by Joseph Mugnaini?

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does not appear that Mugnaini's art will appear in the Gauntlet Press edition, at least from the information that appears on the website of the publisher. However, the front and back covers of the book will be Ray Bradbury paintings of "Halloween trees"!

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I start to study an specialty for english translation I will be very glad to translate those books to spanish

With the permission of Mr. Bradbury or anyone in position

[This message has been edited by Herzeleid (edited 01-02-2005).]

Posts: 3 | Location: Mexico | Registered: 02 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great year-end wrap-up post, Mr. Dark. It shows both how active Ray still is, and how much others are still interested in studying the man. I look forward to all the books coming out in 2005. Happy New Year to all my fellow Bradbury lovers!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Ray last Friday morning and expressed to him how much I was enjoying the Ray Bradbury Theatre on DVD. He is sounding so good, strong and rested. I mentioned that he must be thrilled to have three books coming out next year PLUS Sam's biography and he replied that he is, quite so. Also, he said that after two years, A Sound of Thunder, is coming out. He saw it two weeks ago and is still not happy with the dinosaurs. He referred to them as "imaginary dinosaurs." And all of this at a cost of $100 million dollers he said.

But he still is thrilled to having it come out in the threatres in March. Just wanted to let you all know.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 01-02-2005).]

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
He saw it two weeks ago and is still not happy with the dinosaurs. He referred to them as "imaginary dinosaurs."

Now this is kind of ironic when you think of his story "Tyrannosaurus Rex"...

Happy New Year to all! Really looking forward to the new publications!

Posts: 62 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings to Bradbury friends, old and new. I�m hoping this New Year will give us all good reason to count the blessing that is Ray Bradbury. His legacy is a galactic ocean that continues to sprinkle and awaken our imaginations with magic pixie dust.

On a sadder note, Mr. Robert Frippe, the mastermind and driving force of King Crimson, has recently retired from live performances, and perhaps music itself. Much like Bradbury, Robert Frippe has continued to prove the merits of tapping into his muse and listening to his internal teacher. Since 1969, Frippe has contributed much to the landscape of musical culture with the creation of many richly textured soundscapes (great writing and meditation music), sharply contrasted by his progressive rock freestyle. He also was the founder/professor of Guitar Craft, a comprehensive course created for the dedicated musician to discover and nurture their creative potential. Many believe Robert is still very much at the top of his game, so this comes as a bittersweet reminder that sometimes we demand too much from our heroes. Frippe himself has admitted that much about touring. Perhaps in a few years, he�ll reemerge to ignite the airwaves with a fresh dialogue of his unique musical translations.

Posts: 118 | Location: Gulfport. MS | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beatles retired from live performances and then produced some of the greatest music ever. Maybe there is hope for excellent productivity!