Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I need some assistance

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need some assistance
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for quips about love and piety and the like from the Koran, Rig veda, the Torah and the bible, but cant kind a good resource. can anyone help me?

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I don't understand the question. Are you looking for quips others have made about these books, or quips (quotes, really) from the texts themselves? If the latter, you should get indexes and/or concordances and read through the texts at a high level--looking from quotes you want.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WG, just try a search like "quotes,love,bible"
and all sorts of things appear...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have and found a few, but... those darn spiritual texts have some many passages and such :\

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a good resource:
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/
Several different ways to search.
Different versions of the Bible too!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post