Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    storytelling festival

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

storytelling festival
 Login/Join

posted
I'm hoping someone can help me. I just got a note that my daughter's girl scout troop is planning to attend the Ray Bradbury Storytelling festival of Something Wicked This Way Comes. I am concerned about the appropriateness of the content for 10 year olds. I read a review that said this was "not bedtime reading", but it's hard to know how scary that is. Can someone give me their opinion on whether this is appropriate for my daughter?
Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pktennis--This is the OLD Ray Bradbury website; pretty much abandoned except for a few of us that visit. You need to go to raybradbury.com, then click on the message board link. That will take you to the NEW Ray Bradbury message board.

But, while you're here, is this the Waukegan, IL, festival? It's supposed to be sponsored by the library there, and they could give you information about age-appropriateness and content regarding the storytellers who will be speaking.

Personally, "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is my favorite RB tale. It's about family persevering through adversity.

If my daughter were 10 again, I would not hesitate to take her to this festival. But that's a decision you must make for yourself, according to your own unique values and research. Good Luck.

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post