Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    UPCOMING INFO WITH THE MAN

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPCOMING INFO WITH THE MAN
 Login/Join

posted
THE PLAY’S THE THING

A Ray Bradbury Christmas

Premiere Engagement of a New Holiday Show!!

In a new play created for this show, The Messiah, an Earth couple nervously worries for the safety of their son, a crewman about to leave on a starship departing for a distant destination in space.

Upon landing on a far-away planet, the Earth captain of the space vessel finds that he and his crew have been preceded by one day by a special Being who has arrived to heal the sick, go about doing good, and bring a pervasive state of peace and well-being to that world. The captain suspects that the Being is actually a rival earthling out to beat him to the exploratory mineral rights on the new planet and plots to stop Him. The planet’s locals and the captain’s own lieutenant know better, however, and have other than an Earthly response to that world’s new benefactor.

The Messiah is based on a couple of Ray Bradbury’s short stories and makes its World Premiere at the Fremont Centre Theatre on Saturday, December 2. Following the play, Mr. Bradbury will appear in person to read from his poems and share his reminiscences.

There will also be a special appearance by magician Phil Flad.

Produced by Ray Bradbury and Mindy Brandt and directed by artistic associate Alan Neal Hubbs, the actors include Nevada Brandt, Georgan George, Grady Hutt, Dale Monolakas, Tanya Mounsey, David Polcyn, Patrick Skelton, Philip Sokoloff and Steven Robert Wollenberg.

Fremont Centre Theatre

1000 Fremont Ave. (at El Centro), So. Pasadena, CA 91030

Admission: $10 (a special holiday price)

Showing Saturdays: December 2, 9, 16, 2006 at 8 pm

For Reservations call 323-960-4451

Online Ticketing: ww.Plays411.com/raybradbury

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FH 451:
Following the play, Mr. Bradbury will appear in person to read from his poems and share his reminiscences.

Following every performance, or just the 2nd?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<usernameOWNED>
posted
dont talk about any ray bradbury stuff anymore

if u dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all.
~note~ if u tell me to take my own advise i tell u to take a hike ok?

so again. keep this off my forums.

Sincerely, the new forum mod <3

(Edited by the old, REAL, forum mod.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, for a moment of maturity . . .

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mean, I'm all, like, wow, you know?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usernameOWNED:
...if u tell me to take my own advise i tell u to take a hike ok?

I find hiking to be a very enjoyable pastime.

It's advice, by the way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<usernameOWNED>
posted
I understand how it could be thought this way but i dont c why u would point that out :S
U rly must be 60 year old in moms basement.

Sincerely, The new forum mod <3

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do not!

I live in her attic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Spooky!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'They' used to have a name for these guys
Rumble Muckers

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
~~~~THANK YOU!~~~~

Keeping this board in order is high priority.

Tonight Ray reads from his works in Pasadena.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand how it could be thought this way but i dont c why u would point that out :S

Sincerely, The new forum mod <3

Jump off the cliff and DON"T build your wings on the way down!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
So, did HarperCollins assimilate all the old postings here? Probably had 200 + postings in the old board after it was generally abandoned, but the number of postings that are listed here for me remain the same. That could mean that they've had trouble uploading everything. Also, the notice of the old board being closed and the old postings transferred here is "gone". Oh Oh!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They said they couldn't incorporate the old postings with the new board--for one, there were two DIFFERENT versions of many threads, and it would be a nightmare to pick out just the DIFFERENT posts--and I don't know if putting those made on the old board back into the original thread on this board was even possible. They said they'd archive the old board. I expected it to show up down below in readable, but non-contributable, form, but it seems they actually added the posts to this board! We may now have some duplicate posts, but presumably at least everything is here!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post