Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury - Episodes

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury - Episodes
 Login/Join

posted
Where might I find/download Ray Bradbury episodes online?

If I understand correctly, Ray Bradbury, Episode 13 contains all of the episodes. Is this true? Does anyone know where I might find and download it from the Internet?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LSHAW1, it sounds like you are asking about Bradbury 13, which was a radio dramatisation of 13 stories. I have a web page about the series here.

The series is not legally available for download, but weblinks appear every now and again. The most recent link was here:
http://www.zootradio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2259

However, the link may no longer be working.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, it's for a teacher friend of mine. We both teach Reading and she would like the tapes (either on DVD or VHS, she's not picky) to dramatize and get across the importance of "mood" in reading. His tv shows are what she's looking for.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.genordell.com/stores/spirit/RBmedia.htm

This has a thorough listing of available RB videos. Check ebay or half-bay for real deals.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LSHAW1:
...His tv shows are what she's looking for.

Ah, in that case you probably want the DVD box set of the TV series Ray Bradbury Theater. This consists of 5 discs with a total of 65 episodes. It's available from Amazon for 32US$ - click here.

There also information about the series and episodes on my website, here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic has an excellent resource listed for you there, LSHAW. I use my collection (5 dvd's) all the time. They are perfect for follow-ups after an assigned silent reading has been completed or an oral presentation has been conducted. After a discussion has occurred, we view the specific episode. RB had his hand in on the production of these; therefore, they play very true to the tone and intention of the original stories!!

I even show several of the episodes, pause the viewing, and have students draw their own conclusions (verbal or written). Then we consider these possibilities. They are required to defend or explain their ideas. To culminate the lesson, we watch the final several minutes of the program in which the conflict is resolved or, as is the case with many cases RB s.s., complicated even more so!! The students (9-12) really enjoy the episodes.

Thanks for the direct line to the Theater summaries you have, Phil.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hal Linden is coming to our 900 seat theatre in the retirement community that I live in. I would love to be able to speak with him as he starred in "Mars Is Heaven," one of my favorite episodes of RBT.

I am not sure what Hal does in his show, maybe sing and dance, but I sure plan to see it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet he's doing his one man show MARK TWAIN TONIGHT! I saw it last spring in New Hampshire - it is awesome!!!

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uh-oh - I was wrong - I thought you said Hal Holbrook. Sorry! Yes, I bet Hal Linden will sing and dance!! Serves me right for trying to read and write at 1:30AM!

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's available from Amazon for 32$

I paid 35$ for mine, but it was a signed, first edition from a bookstore/art gallery here in Ventura.

BestBuy.com peddles it for 27.99$:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6829042&s...e=product&id=1413490

Buy it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's with the $ sign behind the number? Wow! I am thinking, he got it for 35 cents, then looked closer and saw that it was a dollar sign. Are you reverting to some other branch of English?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post