Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    HOW DO I CONTACT RAY BRADBURY???
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOW DO I CONTACT RAY BRADBURY???
 Login/Join

posted
I'm an Amateur Independent Film-maker very interested in making a short film version of Fahrenheit 451. If I wished to submit such a film to several local film festivals, I would like to if, and if so, how, I need to obtain permission from Ray Bradbury in order to use his copyrighted material in a film.

If anyone knows how to contact him, please inform me.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 31 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact Addresses for Ray Bradbury.

For fan mail, via his publisher:

HarperCollins Publishers Inc.
10 East 53rd Street
New York, New York 10022
USA

For permissions and other legal questions, via his agency:

Don Congdon Associates, Inc.
156 Fifth Avenue, Suite 625
New York, New York 10010
USA

Four agents: Don Congdon, Michael Congdon (congdon@veriomail.com), Susan Ramer, and Cristina Concepcion.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi!

yesterday i bought one more book of stories written by Ray Bradbury. i read one story and then i decide to fullfill a dream - to say thank you to Mr.Bradbury. i tried to find his address and i came across this web-site.

please, tell me, is this address still valid?

i hope to get the answer.

thank you very much beforehand!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the exact, up-to-date address for fan mail:

Ray Bradbury
c/o Author Mail, 11th Floor
HarperCollins Publishers
10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic, thank you very much! i can't believe i'm going to write to Mr.Bradbury! Smiler) i'm so happy.

thank you!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of us on this board know that feeling! Just be warned that Ray receives thousands of fan letters, and as a 90-year-old professional writer he has limited time for writing replies.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey,
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I noticed earlier that the address for legal permission and such is different as I was wondering if it is still the same as previously posted as I am interested in also adapting some of Ray's work for a short film.

Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi vput,
Welcome. Try his agent, Don Congdon Associates. Hope this helps.
http://1000literaryagents.com/...ry-agent.php?id=1471

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The correct information for contacting Ray, including all permission requests and film inquiries, is to dca@doncongdon.com via email or Ray Bradbury, c/o Don Congdon Associates, Inc., 156 Fifth Avenue, Suite 823, New York, NY 10010 via snail mail. The snail mail address will change in late December or early January, 2011-2012, and the new address will be posted here.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 17 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update! Do you know anything about Ray's Facebook page?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm a Litterature student from Argentina, and I'm planning on doing my Licenced thesis on Dandelion's Wine. I saw that they where going to change the contacting adress on January 2011-2012. Did they change it already or not yet? Can I still send mail to that adress, perhaps send an e-mail to that web adress?

Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don Congdon Associates has a website:
http://doncongdon.com/

It shows a "new address" of 110 Wiiliam St. suite 2202, New York, NY 10038, USA.

And an email address of
dca at doncongdon dot com

Unless Don Congdon Associates want to tell us otherwise, I would assume that all BUSINESS correspondence for Ray should go to this address, but all FAN LETTERS should go to the Harpercollins address given earlier in this thread.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, I'll try that adress.

I hope I can write a good degree thesis with a novel I love (in fact, my all-time favourite one).

Thank you once more.

Rosario

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a new proposed cover for the groundbreaking book of Fahrenheit 451 I can send it to anyone who would give me his email so I can send

Posts: 3 | Location: mohannadabdelrahman@gmail.com | Registered: 30 January 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray has no current email and resorting to supernatural means of contacting (him, or anyone) is inadvisable. If you need to contact anyone about Ray's works, here is the address for the website of the agents with rights to his estate.

http://www.doncongdon.com