Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Entire Ray Bradbury Book Collection

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Entire Ray Bradbury Book Collection
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know where I could get the complete works of RB, all individual hard cover editions? I would like to buy them as a set.

Jake
If you know of such a place or website with which I could do this, just email me at jake.engelbrecht@gateway.com

Posts: 2 | Location: sioux city, iowa, usa | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jakethesnake:::

My semi-educated guess is...that if you were to buy all Editions in Hard Cover...(that would include special editions, poems, foreign editions and all the languages which are 45 plus languages)... or, let's just say minus the foreign language editions..then just Hard Covers in English, I 'd surmise you would still have to have a mighty BIG Check Book.

But I leave that to other... more informed to answer....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it is not possible to buy them all in "original edition, hardcover," because not all of his original works appeared in hardcover. Of those which did, finding all first editions would run a pretty penny. "Dark Carnival" is rare in any edition, including the recent reissue, and is one of the few never issued in paperback--"The Ghosts of Forever" is probably another one of several. Books never issued in hardcover editions include:
Timeless Stories of Today and Tomorrow (ed.) (probably)
Tomorrow Midnight
Autumn People
The Circus of Dr. Lao and Other Improbable Tales (ed.)
A Memory of Murder
Dinosaur Tales (unless reissued; first edition was paperback)
Pillar of Fire and Other Plays
The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit and Other Plays
And probably more--anyone know?

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can add a little info to Dandelion's pretty comprehensive list:

Dinosaur Tales (unless reissued; first edition was paperback) - WAS REISSUED IN A HARDCOVER EDITION BY BARNES & NOBLE PRESS.

The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit and Other Plays. THE FIRST HARDCOVER EDITION OF THIS BOOK WAS ISSUED IN THE U.K.

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post