Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Cool quotes by Mr. Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool quotes by Mr. Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
"What is the function of mankind amidst the vast universe? To witness and celebrate! Look upon the Creator, the stunning terror of it all, and celebrate--otherwise, why are we here? What's the use of a universe that exists but is not seen? Your job is to see, to appreciate--but [also] to work, improve yourself, improve the world. We represent the flesh of the godhead, and we are beholden to the gift!"

I thought Nard would especially like this one.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to post this in "Inspired".

So, please don't respond to this one.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gs: You have posted my favorite RB quote!
[Your job is to see, to appreciate--but [also] to work, improve yourself, improve the world. We represent the flesh of the godhead, and we are beholden to the gift!"]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would you clone people when you can go to bed with them and make a baby? C'mon, it's stupid. .(Salon Magazine, 2001)

[George W. Bush is] wonderful. We needed him. Clinton is a s***head and we're glad to be rid of him. And I'm not talking about his sexual exploits. I think we have a chance to do something about education.... It doesn't matter who does it -- Democrats or Republicans -- but it's long overdue. (Salon.com, August 29, 2001)

Posts: 13 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post