Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury's Family

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury's Family
 Login/Join

posted
Hi. I'm trying to figure out more about his family. I can't find anything on his brother, Leonard, the one who had an identical twin who died. Does anyone know if Leonard had any children? Would anyone be able to tell me their names, or his grandchildren's names? I know Ray had four girls. But I can't find much about his brother...thank you!!!Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, ronaldw ~

Will try to get you an answer by later tonight.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ronaldw~

This is the best I could come up with:

Leonard, Ray's brother, had an identical twin, but he died during the flue epidemic of 1918. His name was Samuel. Leonard had 4 children, one named Leonard Jr. I was unable to get the other names. Leonard died more than 4 years ago.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ronaldw, have you read The Bradbury Chronicles by Sam Weller? I think you will find the answers in there.

http://www.amazon.com/Bradbury-Chronicles-Life-Ray-P-S/...id=1231407830&sr=8-1

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's Ray and his brother. (circa 1920's)

Imageoskigallery.jpeg (122 Kb, 23 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Great hairstyles! And what appears to be an ancestor of Mog the Dog...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't that sweet! I'd never seen it.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll sneak this non-Bradbury family photo in. Who is this?

Imageconnelart.jpeg (270 Kb, 18 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Stephen King?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Stephen King?

Good guess! Certainly has his grin!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic ~
You can't hide that face even as a grown-up.

posted Hide Post
Thank you all! this has been very helpful!Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronaldw:
Thank you all! this has been very helpful!Smiler

I trust you've done your research on Mary Bradbury, who was convicted of being a witch.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post