Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Apollo 11 and Ray Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apollo 11 and Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Ray interviewed for the Cronkite Apollo 11 Moon landing, 1969:

https://youtu.be/pOo0uIc7Zoo

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great clip, Phil. Thanks for posting it!

Posts: 2468 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Gotta love that "early days" character generator caption: R-A-Y--B-R-A-D-B-U-R-Y

I did not start using video tape until a year or two later (1971 give or take)and I really, really wanted one of those.

For me the following videos in the playlist included a NASA tribute to Neil Armstrong.

By the way as the missions progressed the video got better and better, especially movie footage that the astronauts brought back for processing. I have some of Apollo 14, 15 and 16 on DVD (in some sort of "CBS Presents" collection if I remember correctly) for example, but I only recently twigged to this.

Posts: 30 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: 31 March 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad Cronkite picked up the ball David Frost dropped.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post