Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury's Venice home
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury's Venice home
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The latest issue of the SHADOW SHOW comic adapts Sam Weller's story "Live Forever!", which features a graphically accurate rendition of Ray, Sam AND THE HOUSE. Worth a look, in view of what's happened on Cheviot Drive these last few days.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The crash. The attic smashing into kitchen and parlor. The parlor into cellar, cellar into sub-cellar. Deep freeze, armchair, film tapes, circuits, beds, and all like skeletons thrown in a cluttered mound deep under.

Smoke and silence. A great quantity of smoke.

Dawn showed faintly in the east. Among the ruins, one wall stood alone. Within the wall, a last voice said, over and over again and again, even as the sun rose to shine upon the heaped rubble and steam: "Today is August 5, 2026, today is August 5, 2026, today is..."

And now this. Frowner

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw this come up on my facebook feed today.

It hurts.

http://www.latimes.com/books/j...story.html?track=rss

Posts: 20 | Location: Toronto | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the more reason to move on saving what's left!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate that this happened.

Posts: 13 | Location: Washington DC metro area | Registered: 06 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone. When I mentioned this to a friend in that business, she expressed her understanding that Mr. Mayne has "very cool" plans to include a commemoration to Bradbury in his new house. We're working to discover whether he is willing to share those plans for review.

Also, an Indiana University professor apparently runs the "Center for Ray Bradbury Studies" at IU. He published an article that gives a glimpse of their plans:

http://iat.iupui.edu/bradburyc...bury-house-tear-down

As my college film professor used to begin his criticisms in his thick Czech accent, "It would be better" if this project were in Cheviot Hills, but maybe it's safer in a scholastic environment than in Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles.

Finally, some may be interested to see this article about what arts people do when artists die:

http://www.laweekly.com/arts/r...r-once-lived-2374330

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jetpower,

Posts: 5 | Registered: 14 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These "plans" are equivalent to deliberately shooting a rare animal so you can then freeze dry or stuff and mount it. Sure, it may last longer, but

IT'S DEAD!

Like a train derailing across a busy highway causing a 98-car pileup, I will not want to look, but I won't be able to help it!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post