Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    PHILOSOPHICAL FEATURES IN The Martian Chronicles ...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PHILOSOPHICAL FEATURES IN The Martian Chronicles ...
 Login/Join

posted
EVERY TIME THAT I READ The Martian Chronicles ,I ENCOUNTER NEW PHILOSOPHICAL PERSPECTIVES.........LIKE NIETZSCHE.............PANTHEISM............EXISTENTIALISM...............I WANT to KNOW OTHER PERSPECTIVES THAT OTHER READERS HAVE AND THE REASONS ABOUT THEIR PROPOSAL

THANK YOU!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: brazil | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ANOTHER INTERESTING THING, are THE BOOKS THAT we can COMPARE WITH The Martian Chronicles AND THE REASON OF THE COMPARISON..........FOR EXAMPLE I CAN WILLIAM WILSON BY COMPARES POE WITH DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE BY Stevenson.........BUT WITH The Martian Chronicles..MMMMMMMM...........I WANT to HEAR PROPOSAL!!!!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: brazil | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you reading all these works in their original language or in a spanish translation?

Are you looking for some sort of "tree" that branches out of THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES?

Do you inquire as to whom may have been Bradbury's influence or who was influenced by Bradbury's work?

What story from the collection can you tie to other works, by other authors?

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 04-29-2004).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Martian Chronicles" cannot be read outside the context of the plundering by Western culture of other cultures. The European desecration of Greece, Egypt, India, you name it, and the destruction of Native American homelands by descendants of European immigrants. Read the accounts and weep!

By the waters of Babylon....

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i immediatley thought of Israel and what some people want to do to it when i read this book. i also thought of native americans..............god, Mr. Bradbury is so much smarter than me.........

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I immediately thought of Palestine, and what some people want to do with it...
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not taking the bait on that one . . .

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post