Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Does Ray come here to play anymore?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Ray come here to play anymore?
 Login/Join

posted
Mr. B, How can I get in touch with Mr. Jonas from Greentown? I could use some of his magic, and then to pass it on. I think the whole world could use some of that.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
..........WELCOME
..........ChuckO

Getting in touch with a Mr. Jonas of Greentown may be tough, but here's a magician that performed his magic at a Ray Bradbury play. Ray sat in the first row, enjoying the performance I am sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LobvjD7YkaM

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the welcome! The video was cute: 'Dr. Bullslinger'. I'll have to use that name somewhere. Sounds like some friends of mine.

Did you know your name 'Nard Kordell' is an anagram for 'Lord Rankled'? There are actually quite a few other things in there as well. I saw your name and wondered if there was more to it. Sorry if it seems rude, but I often sense more in words than meets the eye.

You sent me a video link, I send you this: http:\\wordsmith.org\anagram

You can have a lot of fun with it.

posted Hide Post
Oh foo. I got the slashes backwards again.

http://wordsmith.org/anagram

posted Hide Post
I kinda like:

Darn Lord Elk

There's something about that name!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One last thought: a true anagram
"Ronald Wilson Reagan" => "Insane Anglo Warlord"

Thats pretty funny, even if it isn't true.

posted Hide Post
ChuckO

That doesn't fit, of course. A large number of people thought Reagan was going to bring us to war with Russia with such a massive US build-up of weapons. Of course, Russia wanted to stay competitive and, of course, it finally bankrupted Russia and the Soviet Republic vaporized without the use of weapons.

So it would follow that when the wall in Berlin was torn down, the world went crazy for a long while...with joy!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep! Reagan did some good things.

posted Hide Post
Limbaugh often refers to him as Ronaldus Magnus.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckO:
Yep! Reagan did some good things.

Yeah - mostly slept.

But he and John Paul II were most responsible for tearing down that wall. I will give him that!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And there's me thinking that glasnost, perestroika, Gorbachev (and, if you want to trace the rise of democracy in the Eastern Bloc back a little further, Lech Walesa) had something to do with it.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be right!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glasnost is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Obviously, a lot is involved in a major historical change, but to minimize Reagan, Pope John Paul II, Gorbachev, and Walesa would be revisionist history at best. Someone said history is a string of great biographies and I think there is some truth to that.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heard a good one on a political satire show the other day. President Bush is saying how a president should be remembered for things. "Reagan--Morning in America. Roosevelt--Jobs. Nixon--Going to China. Well, I got all three. Every morning in America, jobs are going to China."

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post