Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Disturbing news on Martian Chronicles (Hill House)
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disturbing news on Martian Chronicles (Hill House)
 Login/Join

posted
I have been informed from someone who really would know (not Hill House folks though) that the Hill House edition of Martian Chronicles is NOWHERE near ready and I have not been able to get ANY response from Hill House for the last year. I have also located the email address for Mr. Bradbury's agent. I am asking anyone who ordered the Hill House edition of Martian Chronicles to email Ray's agent to get some status.

cconcepcion@doncongdon.com

Of course, I have already done so and ask anyone who gets a response or knows anything good or bad on this topic to respond to this thread. I for one have no desire to not get the signed Martian Chronicles, but more so, I don't plan on being out the $300.

Thanks,

Brad

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Brad,

Even though I have not ordered this book, I checked the Hill House web site. As you probably know, the book is advertised as being available in April of 2007. Also, the web site lists the following telephone numbers; Telephone: (914) 945-0667 Fax: (914) 945-0864. Have you tried calling Hill House? They also list an email address. I hope you do get your book at some point in time, looks like a great edition.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the same information as bsaenz2 from what I would assume is the same source.

I am waiting for the Hill House version of The Martian Chronicles as a result of the failed "Bradbury Series" Hill House offered several years ago. I have e-mailed, telephoned & snail-mailed Hill House numerous times over the past three years. Not only are they ignoring customers, but they are also ignoring other reputable industry big-wigs (publishers etc.)

I have a very bad feeling about the likelihood of this book ever being published. Also, my opinion Hill House publishers is forever ruined. I will remain civil up until the point I receive my book, but after that they're definitely going to be on my s-list.

The best course of action at this point has already been suggested; use the e-mail address provided above & express your concern/anger/etc & hope for the best.

Posts: 54 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave a call to that 945 0667 number. Got a recording. Sounded like someone's apartment other than any sort of organized company. I left a message!

I'll give them the benefit of a doubt and say that they work in small quarters, tho they may be connected to a huge operation.

However...

...not likely!

But we'll see if we get a call back! If so, I'll report back. If no report, no call back!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can one of you who does talk to Ray or his daughter possibly ask. I would hope at least they would have some better knowledge than us.

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have Nard add it to his list of questions.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I notice that Peter Atkins, one of the principals who operate Hill House, is scheduled to do a signing at the Dark Delicacies book store in Burbank, California on March 1. Perhaps if any of the folks who post on this board and live in the area are able to attend the signing, they could ask Mr. Atkins directly about Hill House's plans for their limited edition of THE MARTIN CHRONICLES. For myself, while I have found Hill House tends to keep a rather erratic and changing publishing schedule (not surprising, given the fact it is a very small publishing firm), they have eventually released most of their books. I hope that remains the case here!

Posts: 2444 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He may plea "The 5th!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys might want to take a look at this thread
Horror Mall thread

It basically is me and some others talking about the Martian Chronicles but more about Anansi Boys, another Hill House book that was about 2 years late but has now just arrived. It's been shipping for the last month. Hill House had had some problems but it starts to look like Peter (Schneider, not sure if Atkins is even part of the company anymore) is starting to get the company back on track, which hopefully would include the Martian Chronicles.

btw, the Anansi Boys book I received was amazing.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gguthrie,

I hope you're right. Besides, I don't really care how long it takes, I am totally disappointed with their communications. I would settle for say twice a year, just an update.

posted Hide Post
Coould one of you who actually talks to Ray PLEASE find out what you can on the Martian Chronicles from Hill House? It would be great to know if they are even doing it anymore.

Any volunteers?

posted Hide Post
I could email Donn Albright - he might know quicker than Ray would. Maybe.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I could email Donn Albright...

I just did. Will report back when I hear something.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spaulding reporting.

Donn was kind enough to answer my email in quick order. From his keyboard to your eyes:

I believe Peter Crowther is going to join forces with Hillhouse to finish up the book. Crowther is PS Publishing in England. Thats about all I know. Lots of problems but the book I would expect by the end of the year.

So there we have it!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Wonderful!!! Thank you so mich for finding out the status and of course, I love the answer you received.