Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    bradbury short story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bradbury short story
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for a story that deals with a boy who is placed in a "special school" where he must learn everything through memory and not through the normal brain modification technique that is used with all other students. He does this because he is one of the future leaders. I recall that this was written by bradbury and would appreciate any help in finding it.

I teach english at a high school and would like to use this some students.

Posts: 1 | Location: Glendale, AZ, USA | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, this sounds a bit like an early Isaac Asimov story. I think it's called "The Immortal Bard"; but it may be a Bradbury story that I can't recall.

[This message has been edited by Braling II (edited 09-23-2004).]

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one has been attributed to Bradbury before and was identified as "Profession" by Asimov (1957). I've promised one of these days to assemble all the "Bogus Bradbury" stories, solved and unsolved, into a thread here. They amount to enough to fill many anthologies.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post