Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    We'll Always Have Paris? Come on!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We'll Always Have Paris? Come on!
 Login/Join

posted
For the first time ever, I'm unable to find a Bradbury book on the day it was published. I have two Borders, one Barnes & Noble as well as an independent bookstore and none of them show the book being on its way, much less in the stor.

I have the day off! I want to read it. What gives?

Has anyone else had trouble finding the book this morning?

Posts: 79 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of the less reputable booksellers made the book available last week, when they received their shipment. My guess is that your BN and Borders have the books sitting all boxed up in the back room. The Mega bookshops are cutting back on staffing so it probably takes longer for stuff to be put on the shelves.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Golly...Borders #1 said they weren't scheduled to receive any, Borders #2 said they showed a release date of last month & weren't scheduled to receive any; luckily Barnes & Noble went into "the back room" and got me one of the two copies they had.

At least I got one!

Posts: 79 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew:
Golly...Borders #1 said they weren't scheduled to receive any, Borders #2 said they showed a release date of last month & weren't scheduled to receive any; luckily Barnes & Noble went into "the back room" and got me one of the two copies they had.

At least I got one!

Gosh, my local independentbookseller had twenty copies they set out first thing when they opened. Give me a mom and pop store over a meglomart any day.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post