Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    If Bradbury were alive today,..
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Bradbury were alive today,..
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Forgot where, but I read somewhere that Ray's writing the sequel to Dandelion Wine.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 12 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The DW sequel has been mentioned here a few times. I believe the working title is Farewell Summer.

(Dandelion Wine was to have been a much longer book, but only about half of the material Bradbury had written ended up being used. The remainder has been a work-in-progress for decades. I gather, from comments on this board, that Bradbury has announced that he will be publishing it soon. Like some of his other recent books, it will be a blend of old material and new bridging material. Eller & Touponce's The Life of Fiction gives a very detailed history of the gestation of DW and Farewell Summer.)

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...---...

That's probably the ONLY morse code I know. I remember it from me boy scout days when after much debating within our patrol about whether it was "save our souls" or "save our ships", I did a little research and found out that it's neither. In fact, it doesn't stand for anything! It was simply made up because "three short, three long, three short" is just easy to remember and easy to recognize.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the first time SOS was used was when the Titanic sank; didn't help (obviously!) because most of the ships in the area had no clue what it meant because it was so new!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post