Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Locus Poll - vote now!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Locus Poll - vote now!
 Login/Join

posted
Locus, the science fiction news magazine, is holding its annual poll - and Eller and Touponce's Ray Bradbury: The Life of Fiction is one of the nominees in the non-fiction category.

Howsabout everyone here cast their vote? If you haven't read The Life of Fiction, I heartily recommend it. It's an excellent companion piece to Sam Weller's biography (which I hope we will be able to vote for in NEXT year's poll.

To vote, go here:
https://secure.locusmag.com/2005/Issues/02PollAndSurvey.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't read it. But, I'll vote for it anyway.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I filled out mine. While I haven't read it cover to cover yet; I have read significant portions of it and it is great. I also am enjoying his earlier book: "Raby Bradbury and the Poetics of Reverie: Fantasy, Science Fiction, and the Reader."

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have it but have been intending to get it.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here. By the way, there is an earlier book with the same title that's a collection of stories in honor of Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news! Thanks in part to the readers of this message board, Jon Eller and William Touponce's Ray Bradbury - The Life of Fictionis now one of five finalists
for the Locus Award for best book in the non-fiction category for 2004!

Full details are here: http://www.locusmag.com/2005/News/05_LocusFinalists.html

The winner will be announced over the July 4th weekend at Westercon in Calgary.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post