Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Homecoming -- new publication

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Homecoming -- new publication
 Login/Join

posted
When I picked up my copy of "Farewell Summer," They also had a new book out from the story "Homecoming". It is from a series of books being done to highlight short stories in free-standing publications. The series is called "Wonderfully Illustrated Short Stories (WISP), by HarperCollins. Illustrations by Dave McKean.

It was fun to read the story again with all the illustrations accompnaying it. Has anyone else seen this, yet? It is hardcover, well illustrated and very fun to read.

THE HOMECOMING. Ray Bradbury. Ill by Dave McKean. HarperCollins, NY. 2006.

I recommend it--especially appropriate at Halloween. Read it aloud to the kids. This time with illustrations!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
Has anyone else seen this, yet?

Yes - I saw it on his coffee table in his den on August 14th! Didn't even realize at the time that it wasn't out yet! It is now.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone -- it's me from Ray's publisher again. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm about every new piece of Bradbury-alia. THE HOMECOMING has been available in bookstores everywhere since August 22, 2006. Here is a link for more information: http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780060859626/The_Homecoming/index.aspx

Posts: 25 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first saw the book, it appeared a bit disjointed in it's layout, but as I got into reading it, I really enjoyed the way it flowed. I had not read the story for awhile, so it was good to re-read it in a new, graphic, free-standing publication. I'd definitely recommend it to Bradbury fans.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark, on October 4th, 2006 I posted a note on this publication, but apparently no one was looking.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my enfeebled old age, I seem to remember reading something about it. But when I went in to get a copy of Farewell Summer, the lady took me to that book by accident. I said, that's cool, but what I'm looking for is Farewell Summer. This was the day before it was to be released. She got me one out of the back so I could get it while I was there. Did you like the layout and look?

posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark, very much so. I can see why Ray liked the idea of having David do the graphics for the book. It all fits right in.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post